This for ducks??

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Soooo..just heard on the radio that a couple of Sconi's out duck hunting on Devils the other evening(6Pm) had to have Lake Region Search and Rescue come save them as their boat capsized. According to the radio, there were found with no life jackets and hanging on to overturned boat and how the boat was loaded with gear may have contributed to the boat capsizing. Radio said they were treated and released for hypothermia.
I tell ya..that Lake is a dangerous body of water to those to take it too lightly. It can put a can of whoop ass on even the hardiest of souls.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
How did they not die?

No lifejackets + cold water = death (ninety nine times out of a hundred it seems anyway)

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
As I said before in another thread: Please be safe guys. It's also good to have threads like this to perhaps break any complacency.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
sconi's are tougher than a brick shit house...

glad they are okay.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read the article in the paper tonight. They were indeed lucky. The paper said their dog was found dead washed up on shore the next morning.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how many limits of fish they had in there boat before it capsized

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tragedy averted. Happens so quickly and people really die this way. LUCKY hunters, not so lucky dog. As much as I love my yellow lab, my kids need me more than "man's best friend". Ducks aren't worth this, Sconi's or not.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
These stories don't usually turn out so well. Still amazes me people take those little boats with a bunch of gear on that body of water.
Glad they made it.

#boatsareforfishing

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i was in the cities saturday. was the wind blowing pretty good that evening? and by "six mile bay", i assume we are talking south of the bridge a couple miles on the west shoreline?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure where on 6 mile. I'm just repeating what I heard. I was out hunting 2L for my 30 point buck and where I was the wind was out of the SW. Didn't seem all that breezy but if you are on the wrong part of the lake with the wrong wind with the wrong boat it could have been bad conditions.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
that would make sense then... wind out of the SW would pound that shoreline pretty good. tis one of the only places with enough cover to effectively hunt ducks out of a boat anyway. i had a nasty experience on that shoreline with waders about 10 years ago pretty late in the year that involved a "swim" of about 1/4 mile or more. bad juju. very cold.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14