Time for a new grill....suggestions?

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Green mountain Grill. Love mine

Did you go with the regular controller or the WiFi one? I have been looking at these as they have some pretty good sales on them every once in a while and seem to get fairly positive reviews.

bigshoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you go with the regular controller or the WiFi one? I have been looking at these as they have some pretty good sales on them every once in a while and seem to get fairly positive reviews.

I just did the regular one. I've had mine for almost a year and haven't found a time when I needed the wifi.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at possible other “grilling” options: green mountain grill vs. Traeger for pellet grills?
Looked back through a couple of forums and one Traeger was heavily favored no in this one GMG pops up. ***disclaimer I already have a Weber Genesis at the lake looking for possible upgrade for grill at home.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have had my eye on a weber Genisis for a while but could bite the bullet yet. Picked up one of these when the drip tray finally fell out of my old one (after replacing it with some sheet metal 2x). It seems to get the job done with ribs, steaks, burger and dogs. Stainless steel grates with pretty decent heat control with the 5 burners. can get 3 racks of ribs on it. So far 6 months on it so time will tell.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/dyna-glo-5-burner-lp-gas-grill-with-side-burner/0000000216948

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at possible other “grilling” options: green mountain grill vs. Traeger for pellet grills?
Looked back through a couple of forums and one Traeger was heavily favored no in this one GMG pops up. ***disclaimer I already have a Weber Genesis at the lake looking for possible upgrade for grill at home.

I heavily considered GMG and Traeger. After using each of a buddies, and looking at other models, I settled on a Camp Chef and could not be happier. $200 less than the Traeger of similar size with more features. It has been a flawless grill for me so far. At least look into them, I bought mine on Amazon and had it here free in two days with Prime.

Good luck!

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
My father in law has had the same Holland grill for years and years. Like ristorapper says, they take longer to cook with but does a great job and definitely worth the money.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member

I think green mountain grills are better quality than a traeger. No sure of the price difference now a days but when I was looking the they were similiar in price and the green mountain just seems to be of better quality. Camp chef of the cabelas re-branded pellet grills are good too, seem to be about the same quality and price as traeger with a few more options the cabelas re-branded camp chef goes on sale every once in a while. I think the green mountain grills are the best bang for the buck.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69