Tobacco Gardens

Raven24

Does anybody know the ice conditions at Tobacco gardens. I have never fished there. Any input would be helpful.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
they're fine. lots of houses out at the mouth of the bay. big pressure ridge out there however.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have not been out in a couple weeks, but hear 16 to 20 plus and there are some pressure ridges. If you can get to channel, should be able to pick fish on and off all day, on the flats it is a crap shoot with early and late best.

Raven24

Thanks for the input. One more question. Is there a lot of snow on the ice. I have ice house skis, but would rather leave them at home.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would imagine it is snow covered mostly. Back to work in am and will drive right by if you can wait that long

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is snow covered but not enough to worry about lotta of people moving around without skis there is about 80 houses out there so evan if you get stuck plenty of people around lol

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
There probably is more I don't fish there i don't like to fish in a town lol just buy bait I never counted them it's hard to enjoy fishing with that many generators humming kids playing hockey and people being dumb on ATVs and sleds I fish in the middle of no where piece and quiet I never understood why people bunch up plenty of lake around

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
There probably is more I don't fish there i don't like to fish in a town lol just buy bait I never counted them it's hard to enjoy fishing with that many generators humming kids playing hockey and people being dumb on ATVs and sleds I fish in the middle of no where piece and quiet I never understood why people bunch up plenty of lake around

I don't know either, more of a social thing than great fishing I think. Annual local production of "Grumpy Old Men"

Raven24

Wow. I didn't know it was that crowded up there. Maybe I will redirect my attention to a different location. Thanks for the help.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't get me wrong there is good fishing in that area it you venture away from the crowd all the houses are in about a mile or so area you can go east or west and still get on good fish use a lake map set up on the channel edge and you will do just fine

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is snow covered but not enough to worry about lotta of people moving around without skis there is about 80 houses out there so evan if you get stuck plenty of people around lol

I haven't been out yet but I was guessing there was a lot fewer so far bing the ice was so far behind schedule. If there isn't a well defined road out there on the ice a huge majority won't fish at all. I bet the numbers are building fast now though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 236
  • This month: 205
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 66