Trailer Tires

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I currently have Marathons on the boat trailer.

Well, except for the spare. That's some cheap piece of crap that the guys at Walmart had to stretch to get it to seat on the rim. Good grief...

I am with SDMF and others, buy the best damn trailer tire you can find. My boat has spent many miles behind the camper over the years. Since I can't see what's going on back there very easily, running crap tires would have a person dragging his boat down the highway on its axle at some point in time. I see too many trailers sitting on the side of the road over the course of a summer. Tires and axles on a boat trailer going kaput is a really shitty way to spend a day when you have fishing on your mind.

- - - Updated - - -

note, the spare is cheap because in my experience buying good trailer tires, it doesn't get many miles on it. The last one suffered severe road rash when I used it as a wheel chock while driving down a gravel road. Other than that it had never been off the carrier. Hoping the new spare gets just as much use. When my current trailer tires need to be replaced, probably next summer, I will spend the money to buy the best in town that I can find.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 33
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11