Transducer Question

325 WSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some how I managed to break the Transducer away from the bracket on the boat. So now it's just hanging there by the cord. My question is can a guy cut the wire & splice a different transducer onto the existing cord? Also can you just order a replacement cord. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suspect the cord is shielded so splicing may be trickier than your living room lamp. with it near water I would hesitate. add in that it could wreck a special fishing trip if it fails and the answer is "not worth the risk"

i am assuming the cord is ok, but you have to cut it to replace the transducer because the transducer has a broken bracket?

i assume you can't fix the bracket

is the transducer damaged?, cause if you are thinking of cutting a new cord off a new transducer to splice it to your old wiring?? I am slowly backing away

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't do it. Tie/tape a rope to the connector end(up by the sonar unit). Pull old cable out. Remove rope end from old connector and tie/tape to new transducer cord connector and pull rope to feed new cable back where the old one was. Attach new bracket and transducer and then go fishing. :D

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 85
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31