Transporting game/fish

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the bottom line is that there are a ton of laws that we routinely break as a matter of daily living. The key thing is to not draw attention to it, less we risk yet another rule/law to clarify the existing ones that contain both overreach and need for officers to use some discretion.

When is the last time any of us have heard of someone getting a ticket for transporting cooked pheasant, or a bag of frozen fish gifted to an elderly couple without the proper paperwork?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the bottom line is that there are a ton of laws that we routinely break as a matter of daily living. The key thing is to not draw attention to it, less we risk yet another rule/law to clarify the existing ones that contain both overreach and need for officers to use some discretion.

When is the last time any of us have heard of someone getting a ticket for transporting cooked pheasant, or a bag of frozen fish gifted to an elderly couple without the proper paperwork?
The point most are missing is - WHY IS THERE SUCH IDIOTIC LAWS AS THIS ? An overzealous warden or police officer could technically charge someone with multiple counts of illegally possessing or transporting wild game for taking ( insert any number) jars of canned pheasant, lets say give to grandma. Now you get to hire an attorney, take the day off work, go to court and defend yourself. not to mention that if you and grandma discussed you bringing the pheasant before hand you both could possibly be charged with conspiracy. I know this is far fetched but with idiotic laws like this it could become a reality for someone.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18