Treasure hunters

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are any of you into metal detecting ? My wife keeps mentioning it so I'm getting her one for Christmas. I thought there was a thread about it here but maybe it was posts in another thread. Anyway looking for a couple of them something user friendly for grandkids and first timers and a better quality one for going out alone. Don't want to break the bank , Just want to have fun digging and exploring around the farm. It's mind boggling looking at all the brands and different models. We had an older blue box type bounty hunter that got stolen with my pickup but wouldn't want one of those because it was far from user friendly. It's a shot in the dark question but at least it's a starting point.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you on Facebook? I just did a quick search there for "North Dakota metal detectors" and a couple other f groups popped up. That would be a great place to ask your question.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought my mom one she doesn't like to fish but loves to ride in the boat so I take her with I drop her off on shore to hunt while I fish she's found quite a few lures for me

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
A buddy and I were just discussing this over the weekend. I think it would be fun to get one and dig around some of the old farmsteads.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would get a good enough one that can tell you the different kinds of metal. You will run across a lot of junk and it helps not to have to dig up everything.

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one. Found a lot of junk but nothing that's worth anything. Found some new coins.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rodney Carrington as it pertains to this subject.:

"Jim, you're just going to have to take a pill to make your dick work."

"When a man hears this...........It is a day of reckoning...............It's a 3-day stare out the window............."

"You think to yourself, Maybe I oughta get a metal detector and start collecting rock and stupid shit."

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey C. I bought a MineLab from a company in Florida. I think it was around $750 and came with a free coil for gold searching. Oh and a very small hand held for pinpointing in a hole. It beeps a low tone for iron and the more dense (or was it electrical conductivity) the object the higher the pitch of tone. It also displays a number. Iron is about a six, silver 36, gold 45 etc. An acquaintance purchased a MineLab that will remember a 1000 objects. Hold down memory and pass the object under the coil and it will display a pixel picture. Next time it picks up on an object like it you will get a beep, a number, and a pixilated picture.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Arrrrrr shiver me timber looking for me treasure in Davy Jones locker
I had a land lord who did this for a hobby he would take his metel detector with him wherever he went. Good way to stay in shape

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18