Trim Tabs

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just installed hydraulic trim tabs on my 1850 skeeter to help with a port side list
It did correct the problem. Is there any other benefits to this enormous investment other then correcting a leaning problem.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lotsa "flats" boats run 'em so as to be able to run the whole rig "shallower" on plane. Down go the tabs, up comes the boat. Guide I fished with in the 'Glades played with the tabs and a hydraulic jack plate and we could run shallow enough that there was almost no water left in the wake.

Tabs down and motor trimmed in should keep the nose pinned down pretty good while still having lotsa boat outta the water, might be useful in waves, never tried it.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have only been out once with it so far, the tabs do bring the front down with motor trimmed down and seems to plane out at about 12 mph
and I noticed with my 175 and the tabs all the way down I can get slower trolling speeds. but for trolling i will used my kicker.
I will be playing with it more the next time I get out

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
you can do numerous things with them. it gives great ability to run the bow however you want. It can also be used to raise the transom on take off to get the motor spun up quicker.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fished out of a buddies ZV21 with trim tabs on LOW last year. It did help in waves up to 3'. you need to be careful in bigger waves, if you want to carry the bow higher and the tabs are down.......you WILL spear waves!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75