Trolling Questions

Loebs lake cabin

Founding Member
Founding Member
My sealines were junk, level winds went bad and the counters would stall or skip, maybe I just got some bad reels but the tekota's are way smoother and heavier built for sure.. Lead is hard on reels!

bronco

I'm in the same boat. Started pulling cranks this summer. Had the good fortune of fishing with a couple guys that have done it before great help. I bought a Scheels combo loaded it with 20 lbs power pro. I also bought a roll of fire line metered line and spooled it on one of my regular fishing poles. Not sure which one I like best been using snap weights on both rigs. I agree with many of the post just let out line until you tick bottom roll in 10 feet and let it ride. I've had mixed luck but have caught enough fish to know I like it. I haven't played with lead core yet...... Good Luck

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can get winter deals on lead core setups from Cabelas. I got two linecounter setups last winter for $55 each. Cheap way to get started. Then start experimenting. Largest walleye this year was on lead core, 27 inches released. Many in 19 to 20 inch range.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Loebs,

When you switch to snap weights, do you still use leadcore? How sensitive is leadcore? Will I be able to feel/see the action of the bait if it get weeds hung up on it? Thanks
Get a cheap set up to try it out. Spools reels up with 10# minimum power pro. Cabelas sells a decent combo and will get you started. You don’t need leadcore unless you want to fish deeper than 25’ with small cranks. Lots of good trolling out there under 20’.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88