UND Hockey Disappointment

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like short, IMO sports shouldn't have anything to do with the flag or anthem either unless it's the olympics. Do they play the anthem before a tiddly winks game too?

- - - Updated - - -

Try that and see what happens. That's harassment and it is against the law.;)

not necessarily

[h=2]harassment[/h](either harris-meant or huh-rass-meant) n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious. Such activities may be the basis for a lawsuit if due to discrimination based on race or sex, a violation on the statutory limitations on collection agencies, involve revenge by an ex-spouse, or be shown to be a form of blackmail ("I'll stop bothering you, if you'll go to bed with me"). The victim may file a petition for a "stay away" (restraining) order, intended to prevent contact by the offensive party. A systematic pattern of harassment by an employee against another worker may subject the employer to a lawsuit for failure to protect the worker.

- - - Updated - - -

Like short, IMO sports shouldn't have anything to do with the flag or anthem either unless it's the olympics. Do they play the anthem before a tiddly winks game too?

- - - Updated - - -

Try that and see what happens. That's harassment and it is against the law.;)

not necessarily

[h=2]harassment[/h](either harris-meant or huh-rass-meant) n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious. Such activities may be the basis for a lawsuit if due to discrimination based on race or sex, a violation on the statutory limitations on collection agencies, involve revenge by an ex-spouse, or be shown to be a form of blackmail ("I'll stop bothering you, if you'll go to bed with me"). The victim may file a petition for a "stay away" (restraining) order, intended to prevent contact by the offensive party. A systematic pattern of harassment by an employee against another worker may subject the employer to a lawsuit for failure to protect the worker.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
not necessarily

- - - Updated - - -

not necessarily

You gotta lay off the sausage, things are getting fuzzy and doubled up. I think your pickled. :;:cheers

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
You either have freedom of speech or you don't, there's no middle ground. What you do in response to others' freedom of speech is up to you. There's no fucking way I'm going to quit watching the Fighting Sioux kick some ass in the "bubble", however.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You either have freedom of speech or you don't, there's no middle ground. What you do in response to others' freedom of speech is up to you. There's no fucking way I'm going to quit watching the Fighting Sioux kick some ass in the "bubble", however.

There is middle ground, cant yell Fire in a public place unless of course there is fire.

And the NFL, or UND own that stage, not the students/athletes, the actors/athletes don't get to suddenly break out in a round of square dancing if they want to protest something, they are there for one purpose, and one purpose only.

But agree with you entirely about the freedom, I am sure not looking for anything to change on the American freedoms we have, and feel as though these guys using someone else's business to protest is not really taking anything from them. I cant do it with my employers and not be held accountable. If my boss votes for Biden, I am sure guessing he will not allow me to "protest" on his property.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The idea of how the liberal media has not allowed conservatives to express their beliefs or political views has been very disheartening to say the least. If we decide to make these two men examples by punishing them for their ignorants to the bigger picture that America is not filled with racism and that the majority of Americans still give a helping hand to their neighbors regardless of their skin color or religion. These two young men have a greater opportunity now then those in the professional world so they can stand up for those that are the real victims of oppression in this country, those people who are the silent groups regardless of race when the only thing that matters is that we are all Americans. That these two young mens are looking to get an education, find a good job, raise a family and help those along the way who are less fortunate, so was this a one time event let us hope so.

I see on many forums that the number one issue is that those who expressing their right to free speech ( professional and entertainment) not being shown if they are doing anything to help their communities. Its just a constant attack with liberal media examples of people being attacked for doing things that most Americans would have done. These people who are doing wrong lack morality and live a constant life of misery, the liberal minded people think that these people are just innocent bystanders. Every single person who has been used as a martyr to push an agenda has a long list of incidents where many are violent felons, and that is the reason why people like me can't support movements like BLM and other groups that promote violence as way to bring change. It would help if more positve stories like LB showed what he has been doing to strengthen his community, you don't see enough of that.

The Walter Payton award should be an award should use as an example for all professional sports as well as those in the entertainment world. We need to hear of more examples of how those who have been more fortunate are using ther fame to better their communities. But of course that will never happen because the liberal media won't support a position that goes against the dividing of this country.

So yes if we are a true conservative group on here can we let these two young men who may be blinded or ignorant to the struggles of all Americans who are just trying to express their God given rights. may they use this time to look at the other side of this outcome that the vast majority of people in the greatest country in the world just want to live with each other in peace.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You either have freedom of speech or you don't, there's no middle ground. What you do in response to others' freedom of speech is up to you.

You’re correct but not applicable in this situation. Freedom of speech just protects you from tyrant government and prevents you from going to jail for what you say. You have freedom of speech under your own representation (personal time, social media, that type of shit). But once you represent something, you no longer do. Your speech is either a direct representation of the organization giving you the voice in that particular time or your organization is complicit to your message. I can’t go into a work meeting and have a Hitler open mic. No matter how much I screamed “I thought this was America” as they drug me out, I would be fired for not representing the views of my employer. Universities, sports franchises, and sports leagues are all businesses with every legal right to control employee (students) actions inconsistent with their message. You think if a student in the student section was waving a Nazi flag they would be protected under free speech or expelled? We all know the answer to that. Hell, universities are now actually denying scholarships and expelling kids for what they say on their personal social media with no affiliation or mention of the University!

I don't believe in cancel culture, but people need to vote with their wallet. There’s a HUGE difference between saying “I can’t support something because their message is in direct contrast to something I feel passionate about so we will just go our separate ways until they change” and “I don’t have the same views as this person so the hockey team should be eliminated and we all must protest in front of the Dean’s personal home demanding an apology that in the end won’t be good enough”.

I stopped wasting my time with sports long before social justice became a part of it. It was robbing joy and time from the prime of my life. I didn’t like the role models it was presenting our youth even back then so I stopped supporting it. And I really don’t want my kids to play sports and take a bunch of time away from the cool stuff we can do outdoors!

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why this whole kneeling thing is just BS is because when someone is kneeling for social injustice its considered ok but when a person is kneeling to give thanks to God then its no acceptable. One is no different then the other one, we either have all freedom or we have none.
The differences here is these boys are in a world where they are not getting payed to play a professional sport, the job if they had to put down as a title would be full-time student. The difference for these boys is they were blessed with enough talent so that they could play a game they are passionate about but still have an opportunity to get an education, I personally don't blame these two boys who are influenced by a system that is telling them that its ok to stand up for something that for a majority of people is not true, while not standing up for the person that wanted to kneel to thank his God. They may be over the age of 18 but they are far from being considered an adult who has never had to wake up everyday to go to work, pay for thier own food, pay taxes, car payments, house payments, or have a responsibility other then themselves.

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
They must of read this forum on here. No National anthem tonight.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
8422CD01-2C93-446F-8AFF-DE4BF209A547.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

one more blow to racism

should be nearly vanquished at this point

yay

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sounds like Rydell pulled all of their sponsorships and ads. Time to buy a new truck!?!?!?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

But, you're NOT watching Fighting Sioux. How ironic

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
My sweater says Fighting SIOUX and that is who they will always be to me! You can have your own opinion.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some great games so far! Can't wait to watch the rest of the season.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My sweater says Fighting SIOUX and that is who they will always be to me! You can have your own opinion.

My OPINION has nothing to do about it. Can't believe they changed it, but the FACT is they did CHANGE it. It is no longer Fighting Sioux, this is A FACT.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84