UND Hockey Disappointment

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
[FONT=&quot]"At the end of the day, we want UND to be a safe place. As athletes who do have a platform, we stand with our brothers and sisters of color."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"We hope the hockey community knows that we stand with people of color and we are not OK with the way people are being treated in this country."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"For me and Jasper, it was an opportunity to educate our team," Bernard-Docker said of the movie night. "We're trying to learn more every day as well. We're not perfect. We still have a ton to learn. With our team being mostly white males, we've never had to deal with racial injustices. Just to open some of our guys' eyes and show them the history of the past hundreds of years in America, and around the world, how minorities have been treated is important. It makes you realize how well we have it."

They're right you guys. It's time to end cross burning and lynchings at UND.[/FONT]
Kneeling ha done nothing to fix the problem and has only divided us even more. They say it bring awareness to the issue but it actually pisses of half of us while the other half tries to defend them. Nothing productive comes from kneeling. Maybe they should take a lesson from Herb Brooks “the name on the front of your jersey is hell lot more important than the name on the back”

It’s hard to listen to these privileged white people lecture me on equality when they are the ones with the inequality problem. None of these players probably have even played with someone who is black. What have they done about that problem?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
“shut up and play” keeps going through my mind

who the hell asked these wet behind the ears morons to teach us about life/society

what an overinflated sense of self these tools have

thanks modern education system - you’re creating some real dolts

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer to be lectured by my father, or wife.
Sure don't need a stranger teaching me any life lessons.

I never received anything worth while from an athlete, an actor, not even the circus.. which is all the same to me.
Life long Vikings fan, haven't watched a game in 2 years. Really, honestly don't miss it.

Do they miss me? for sure not, but the thousands of others out there that feel the same, and do the same as me, must kinda hurt.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's amazing how the folks most offended by these situations are the same ones whining about other people being offended about everything..........just sayin

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's amazing how the folks most offended by these situations are the same ones whining about other people being offended about everything..........just sayin

The only offense is the spit right in the face of America, and the very people that protect us all. I am also not whining, more so stating my dissatisfaction with this method of protest/

I agree with you entirely, it is ironic that I quit watching and going as a form of protest to protest the very people that are protesting..

It gets rather confusing, but of course my protest is not to a national audience, just my local angling buddies, and no flags, or the like will be dishonored.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I already pulled my scholarship sponsor $$ from UND when they changed the name. It was a total fiasco with the NCAA Hockey Commissioner, going further into chaos with ND Attorney General "Suing them to make a deal" where the said deal never materialized, and then the entire story leading to a "NO NAME". Didn't we just see the WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM make that same grievous error? I paid $1,180 per year for season hockey tickets. When they called me asking why I didn't want to renew I told the young gal to tell the school president to take his own money and shove it up his asshole, my money was staying home with me!

I haven't watched but a one-half here or there of any NFL game four four seasons. Kaeperdick did that all to shame. I haven't watched an NBA game in over 10 years!

This season I stopped watching MLB and NHL because of their crap, too.

I sold my Facebook shares of stock; don't need that prick in my life.

The list can go on and on.... always something BETTER you can find if you want to find it!

ndfishin

As a veteran I had to reply to this post. I remember coming back to the US through Travis AFB with all the spiting and bottles thrown at our buss going to San Francisco airport. I did not ask to go but did my duty. Before you disrespect your country think about the kids who did not get to return home and be greeted by mom and dad. When I served I saw kids a young as 16 these kids loved there country.(I was 19) Instead of defunding the police maybe we should protest and defund the UND hockey program and every other sports program that decides to put politics in there sport.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard on the radio NCAA has rule so nothing can be done, fuk upped for sure. nothing schools or coaches can do period.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you want them to do, suppress somebodies rights? What is this China??

A higher education educator could educate them why it's the wrong message at the wrong time in the wrong venue with the wrong audience.

The educator could start out with: "This is a hockey game, people come to be entertained. Injecting politics is counterproductive."

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
06984]A higher education educator could educate them why it's the wrong message at the wrong time in the wrong venue with the wrong audience.

The educator could start out with: "This is a hockey game, people come to be entertained. Injecting politics is counterproductive."[/QUOTE]

The parents at home should have this covered long BEFORE it reaches higher education.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Detroit? Portland?

Minneatoilet.

- - - Updated - - -

With a sign like the one they are holding, they clearly don't get it. Perhaps they should take a stroll in the federal building area of downtown Atlanta, or the shithole streets of Los Angeles some early morning hours. I think they'd learn what it means to walk in fear. Stupid MF'ers.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am old and white and living up here i have no idea how bad some minorities have had it outside of the local natives.
And i was not around when they were going through all their crab in the 1800s or whenever. Most of it is stories that have been told.

I believe we all have a story to tell but most tell it not when the anthem is being played. Most honor the anthem and flag for what it stands for and show the proper respect. And once the anthem is song, then take action to correct the problem not during my time when i am honoring the flag and everything associate with the flag. I can not fix it for you and i will not listen to your bitching during the anthem.

I have heard of all those poor me stories to last a life time and maybe i need to tell some of my hard luck stories mainly stories from my grandparents and why they came over here from the old country. They did something to improve their life, then my parents took it from there to improve and now i need to do the same for my kids.

So in the end i really do not give a crab about their problems as i am working on my remaining years on this earth and how i can better life for me and my love ones. I will not depend on someone else to fix it by telling how bad i have had it and i need their understanding. Pull yourself up by your own shoe straps.

Ok, i can understand some compassion but understand i am also trying to move forward in my life. But being white it was all handled to me long before i was born. db

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if it's all about respecting the flag and anthem I suppose you all stand with your hat off and hand over your heart every time it's played? Oh and shouldn't you have been upset when the fans all yell Sioux at the end? Why no uproar about that from all you UND hockey supporters?:;:stirthepot

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84