UND ROTC vs. liberal English prof that can't read

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Up until she states she will be calling 911 every time she see's them out there, I didn't have a problem with it. I don't blame her for calling the first time. Not sure what she saw, could have looked like a threat, or maybe she freaked even though it could have looked like they were doing drills. I would think the university would have to let all faculty know of the drills being performed to avoid this. But to threaten to make calls every time she sees them in the quad is a bit ridiculous.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
On Sale at Amazon Now! Hurry - don't wait. I'm super serial.

51nnM0X99FL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

super duper good reviews too!
5.0 out of 5 starsThe Poetry of Bondage
By david katz on August 17, 2014
Format: Paperback Strapping on the sonnet sequence like a pleasurable corset, Heidi Czerwiec tries on the identity of Bettie Page, the gorgeous, blue-eyed brunette bondage queen made famous most recently in the film "The Notorious Bettie Page." Like Pound and Eliot and Stevens and Henry James, Czierwiec has found rich poetic material in constructing a persona as the portrait of a lady. But Czerwiec knows the terrain much better than her male forbears and is therefore able to look deeply below the mask she has constructed and at the same time appreciate the artifice of that construction. Page herself led a Protean life, moving from S&M pinup and film star to born-again Christian doing the work of Billy Graham, with many husbands and lovers stranded along the way, and the poet enacts and contemplates each of those life forms. At times in this sequence, you get the uncanny sense of a self -- a real person -- pushing against the tight girdle of the sonnet form. This is a delightful, vibrant, and deftly achieved book.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Up until she states she will be calling 911 every time she see's them out there, I didn't have a problem with it. I don't blame her for calling the first time. Not sure what she saw, could have looked like a threat, or maybe she freaked even though it could have looked like they were doing drills. I would think the university would have to let all faculty know of the drills being performed to avoid this. But to threaten to make calls every time she sees them in the quad is a bit ridiculous.

UPDATE:
UND spokesman Peter Johnson just sent this in response to a request for information about how ROTC exercises are noticed on campus:

We did send an email notifying all students, faculty and staff that ROTC would be holding exercises throughout the spring in the Quad (or Mall) portion of campus (ROTC holds these exercises in the fall and the spring). But we recognize that the notification wasn’t sufficient. The University will now send a campus notification before each exercise, and we will also notify the faculty member each time there will be exercises. We provide a safe environment for our students, faculty and staff, but in this instance we could have done a better job of helping students and employees know that this was a safe training exercise.
Maybe next time peter needs to tie her up and explain there are going to be drills and not the kind of drills she wants.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member

UPDATE:
UND spokesman Peter Johnson just sent this in response to a request for information about how ROTC exercises are noticed on campus:
We did send an email notifying all students, faculty and staff that ROTC would be holding exercises throughout the spring in the Quad (or Mall) portion of campus (ROTC holds these exercises in the fall and the spring). But we recognize that the notification wasn’t sufficient. The University will now send a campus notification before each exercise, and we will also notify the faculty member each time there will be exercises. We provide a safe environment for our students, faculty and staff, but in this instance we could have done a better job of helping students and employees know that this was a safe training exercise.
Maybe next time peter needs to tie her up and explain there are going to be drills and not the kind of drills she wants.

This is a joke. They should not have to go out of their way to contact her individually. If they are sending out campus wide emails about this she should be able to read it just like everyone else. One of the ROTC faculty members called into KNOX when they were talking about this and said she has been sending him vulgar and threatening text messages about it as well. Also, this is nothing new to campus so unless she is new to UND she would have known that this is a regular occurrence. Regardless, if she was caught off guard and it freaked her out then fine. But once they explain once going on that should have been the end of it. She shouldn't be threatening to call 911 everytime she see it.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Book should be called, "Troll Trolls Goddess".

Hooked witch's nose, elf ears, little boy's haircut, are definitely NOT "cover" material.

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember them doing drills. It's not to hard to look out and tell these guys are in some sort of formation paying attention to a drill rather than Schady McSchiester looking to shoot up some innocent folks. The ROTC is expected to be seen on campus. I even took one of their classes because I got to shoot guns and rappel off the law building.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
She would be the first one to call 911 in a panic if there was ever a shooter on campus and say "there is an active shooter on campus!" "Where is our help?!?!?!" 911 operator says "I'm sorry maam, but the ROTC is doing drills for an active shooter situation 15 miles out of town because there was complaints about doing it on campus." Gun shots erupt. Phone goes dead. 911 operator "hello maam? Are you there?" no response....

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
On the plus side it should help our ex-Governor Schafer and now temp President of UND find those budget cuts UND so badly needs. After all, shouldn't it be a requirement that you be at least somewhat brighter than the people you're teaching? Or, at least have enough common sense to know the difference between and active shooter and a ROTC group practicing? Fire the idiot. Our kids deserve better.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's the members of the ROTC program that will stand on the line to protect people like this so they will have the right to be stupid. That's the quintessential definition of IRONY.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's the members of the ROTC program that will stand on the line to protect people like this so they will have the right to be stupid. That's the quintessential definition of IRONY.

This was the exact point the ROTC faculty member was trying to get across when he called in to KNOX yesterday. It was good to hear him call in and stand up for himself and all the kids.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
On the plus side it should help our ex-Governor Schafer and now temp President of UND find those budget cuts UND so badly needs. After all, shouldn't it be a requirement that you be at least somewhat brighter than the people you're teaching? Or, at least have enough common sense to know the difference between and active shooter and a ROTC group practicing? Fire the idiot. Our kids deserve better.

Schafer has already been replaced. Only reason I saw it is because my wife works for the university.

http://und.edu/news/2016/03/presidential-announcement-mark-kennedy.cfm

- - - Updated - - -

Heidi+Czerwiec+0+00+43-05.jpg

A more recent pic for guy.

Typical Hillary voter. Where are her parents for cripes sake? Id like to speak with them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33