Under sink on demand propane h

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to get a tankless heater for my work lab and I am looking for those who have any suggestions for under the sink heater and if one needs a filter? Thanks in advance

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ran a whole home natural gas on demand hot water heater in our last house and it was farking awesome..... it's not a bad idea to have a water filter even on city water.... We had one on ours and just changed it every 3 or 4 months.

I've never run one for a single facuet setup, but I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.
https://www.menards.com/main/plumbi...dvlp-3/p-1642874293374087-c-1541513694149.htm

Thats basically the newer version of what I installed in our old house and it was great.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had a propane tankless water heater on our farm back in NoDak.
Worked great and really cut down on the propane usage also. If I remember correctly, we could run 3 plus faucets with hot water and it never missed a beat. We had filters before the heater and we also backflushed the heater every other month or so.
Had to be vented outside for the exhaust.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have experience running a tankless set up for a single faucet, I wondering what would be best for gpm since this faucet hot water will not be used extensively just for rinsing down shale samples and light clean up of wiping down surfaces.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are plenty of electric units available that work great and are super easy to install. That would be the route I would go if just using for a single point. The amount of power you have available would dictate how big of a unit you could possibly use, but for a single faucet anything from 5kw- 13kw (on 240v) would be sufficient for the use you describe.

Here is some literature from Richmond on their electric units. https://cdn.menardc.com/main/items/...ech_Spec/EssentialTanklessElectricT-660.2.pdf

If it were me looking to do what you want to do, I'd be looking at the RMTEX-8 or the RMTEX-11.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are plenty of electric units available that work great and are super easy to install. That would be the route I would go if just using for a single point. The amount of power you have available would dictate how big of a unit you could possibly use, but for a single faucet anything from 5kw- 13kw (on 240v) would be sufficient for the use you describe.

Here is some literature from Richmond on their electric units. https://cdn.menardc.com/main/items/...ech_Spec/EssentialTanklessElectricT-660.2.pdf

If it were me looking to do what you want to do, I'd be looking at the RMTEX-8 or the RMTEX-11.
I would prefer to get a propane type units petras, you have a preference for one of those to. Thanks for the input
And do you recommend a filter system and what kind

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

This is the one I will be using in my asphalt lab under the sink plenty of ventilation in my lab and if not I can always put a vent in the floor going outside.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84