Vexilar Comparisons

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Marcum units rock!!!! Especially in deep water, they ensure your's is the only flasher that's accurate. Get a Marcum within 1/2 mi of a Vex and the Vex user instantly becomes 2x greater risk of a stroke.

I've heard this same myth over and over again- I have a Vex FL-18 and my good buddy has a Marcum LX-7. Occasionally, I'll get some interference but nothing a push of the gain button couldn't handle. Love my FL-18, it may not have all the fancy gadgets but I added a digital depth display ($40-$50) and it does the job. I must say, my next flasher will probably be a marcum- the graph/flasher display is neat. Thanks Johnr- nature is neat too!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Myth my butt. Maybe newer models are compatible, but older models sure aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

Re Kickem's post: He almost got the Proview, glad he went with TriBeam?

Last edited:

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've heard it a lot too- idk so maybe it doesn't always happen, just sometimes.....not always and not never :;:cheers

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a myth. I almost lost a friend because of it. Good thing he could borrow his dads vexilar or 15 years of friendship would have been at serious risk;-). It was a LX-3 enemy radar scrambling machine.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up a Hummingbird ICE 45 for a great price. I really like it. Dual cone capability, 19 and 12 deg. Digital readout, easy to use, etc.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neat is like the f word, it's placement through out my described statements is fucking neat....haha

Once you grasp it, you too will be neat

- - - Updated - - -

Jon Galt is a faggot. That answer your month long question lunker

Haha

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a myth. I almost lost a friend because of it. Good thing he could borrow his dads vexilar or 15 years of friendship would have been at serious risk;-). It was a LX-3 enemy radar scrambling machine.

Weird...I don't seem to have issues...must be an isolated case then...

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I was looking up the total watts the three humminbird, marcum, and vexilar. I can see why the vexilar guys don't like the other two because of how much watts they are putting out peak for both is like 4000watts compared to vexilar 400 watts continuously. All that extra power seems like such a waste of energy to produce a area of cone that is quite small.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sdmf's marcum might get shot with my coyote rifle haha. In 40 FOW that damn thing is a real scrambler.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 83
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31