Vortex binos

Mac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is anyone running the vortex viper 10x42 hd models?
Just looking for reviews good/bad/ or otherwise
any info is appreciated

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a set of 10x50 I like them a lot they are a touch heavy. Glass seems decent low light vis is good.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
excellent, they are a touch heavy. aVIP warranty is exactly what it says. wife slipped in the badlands last year and knocked one of the eyepices off. ( luckily I have a spotty scope) or we were day 1 into our 4 day trip out west. anyhow replaced them no questions asked turn around was maybe 2 weeks

- - - Updated - - -

mine are also the 10x50

sbe2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a buddy that has them and they are nice glass for the money and have a good warranty. For not much more money you can get cabelas euro (meopta) on sale and they are great. I have the meopta meostars and love them.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the Scheel's Paragon HD with ED glass are better, cheaper, and also have a lifetime warranty. I bought a pair a couple of years ago. I looked at everything Scheels had and the only two binoculars that I thought were better were Leica and Swarovski.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the Scheel's Paragon HD with ED glass are better, cheaper, and also have a lifetime warranty. I bought a pair a couple of years ago. I looked at everything Scheels had and the only two binoculars that I thought were better were Leica and Swarovski.

We have all seen how well the lifetime warranty is on rods. I for one don't want to have to deal with that over a pair of binos.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
10x50s here as well. I love them. They aren't Swarovski's but pretty dang good for the price.

cpete00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the 10x42, I like them. I have no problem seeing through them in low light. Never experienced any eye fatigue when using them. Color also seems pretty true. Swarovski and Leica are probably better, but for me they are not an extra thousand dollars better

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
kick em up you took the words out of my mouth. I do not buy from scheels much after the fight my brother had with one of there rods. vortex customer service was a bright spot, absolutely zero issues.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really have never had an issue with returning stuff to scheels. I do spend quite a bit of time and money in there, however I just returned a rod on Tuesday. The guy never even asked how it broke. Which is good because I don't think having a yeti cooler land on top of it 30 seconds after our number was called to launch, is covered. I was happy the cooler spared my legend extreme.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love my Vortex binos, they are perfect for seeing what lures people are using across the lake

Last edited:

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a pair of the 8x42 vipers and love them. Only have one season on them so far, but they've held up really well. Glass is good in low light conditions. Not nearly as good as my Swaro ELs, but you'd never know if you didn't compare them side by side. Shop around online and find a good deal, then go to Scheels for the price match. I picked them up for $450.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got some beat to shit cheap diamond backs i have use the last 4 year and like them. Going to get razors some time or another but not this year. I have used buddies razors in the field and they are really good to my eyes.

REY_off

Founding Member
Founding Member
After doing lots of research a few years ago, and seeing how the Vanguard Endeavor EDs were reviewed and compared to the Vortex Vipers I decided to give them a shot.

A buddy has the Vipers and we compared them side by side. We both felt that there wasn't much difference between the two, although I don't think either one of us would be considered "optic snobs".

The vanguards do have a pretty good following from the bird watching community. I'm satisfied.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member

This is how I feel about scheels product warranties. Vortex's warranty I haven't read or heard of a bad thing yet, and is pretty much no questions asked. I am sure the warranty is priced into the product though also or will be.

Don't have the vipers but have the cheaper diamondback's and for the price and with vortex's warranty they can't be beat so I am sure the vipers would be excellent.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53