Walmart woes

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am trying to convince you to buy the superior gels. I apparently failed.

- - - Updated - - -

research gels vs agm

Why do you like gels batteries so much? I guess I know little to nothing about batteries, so Im just curious. :;:stirthepot

As for you DM, argue, argue and argue some more. I prefer to find the white lady with the muslim turbin on. She sees me walk in with something and look like I might return it and now she heads the other direction as I giggle inside. To say her and I have had a couple go arounds is putting it mildly. She gets loud, you just need to get louder and stare her in the eyes when you are at 80% volume. You'll win...Trust me on this one!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had to deal with Les, the mouth noise/fart sound singer guy, at the north location. I almost can't handle it. Nice guy, but the noise he makes while trying to follow a tune in his head is cause for an internal meltdown.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep not a battery snob, but what advantages does the $210 gel battery have over the $90 regular battery? Do they last longer?

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had to deal with Les, the mouth noise/fart sound singer guy, at the north location. I almost can't handle it. Nice guy, but the noise he makes while trying to follow a tune in his head is cause for an internal meltdown.
lmao I have heard these tunes by ol lester the molester as he tries to ring up my scott's rv toilet paper. Why did they say they wouldn't exchange the 4 month old one with an 18 month warranty? Is this the one you have?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-27DC-6-Marine-Battery/16795212

- - - Updated - - -

Do the gel batteries all have lower CCA? I think my hpdi requires at least 700-800, the gr 29 gel says 550cca

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those are the batteries I have for the trolling motor.

- - - Updated - - -

tag on the battery was just over a year. they thought it was a 12 month warranty. I argued. ended up throwing it in the pickup and driving to the north location. No issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, no issues until someone threw this battery from the top of a bridge.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those are the batteries I have for the trolling motor.

- - - Updated - - -

tag on the battery was just over a year. they thought it was a 12 month warranty. I argued. ended up throwing it in the pickup and driving to the north location. No issues.

Sam's club: 0072111277507_A.jpg
this should have been your huckleberry...on my third set in 7 years...and one set was wrecked due to operator error

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then I have to buy a sams club membership. I mean, I'd save money on bulk packs of ketchup, but not much else.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then I have to buy a sams club membership. I mean, I'd save money on bulk packs of ketchup, but not much else.

You'll be buying diapers like there going out of style soon enough, so that membership may not be such a bad idea. :;:huh

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member

huh...with a little dirty on the way stocking up on diapers, wet wipes, formula things like that might be beneficial...

maybe you should check with your employer to see if you get a business discount ;)

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
gels are "pure deep cell" in that they charge slower and are meant for true deep cycle only type applications - not as a starter/deep combo (just trolling motors for instance)

advantages:
heavy deep cycle power

extremely low self-discharge rate (stay fully charged during storage all winter - important to me so they don't ever freeze)

recharge to full power even when left discharged for months -basically no memory (penalty) for coming home exhausted and realizing two weeks (or two months) later that you forgot to plug them in

mount in any position - no spills - no leaks (true for AGM too maybe?)

downside - if you "boil them off" you are hosed - they require the voltage not to exceed some level (13.4V or some such?) - AGM and wet cells can dissociate water and "boil off" if you charge to fast/high V so they protect themselves to some extent... gels f themselves by venting through the pressure relief ports and the silica gel gets really unhappy somehow when it dries out

I would probably buy AGM if I didn't find gels on a good sale

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
formula in 3lb tubs at sams for $25 alone will save you... unless you got yourself a good milker

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I come from a long line of dairy farmers. I bet there still some equipment in the parlor.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I second a Sam's membership. Their fresh (unfrozen) chicken parts are the best I've ever had. Tillamook cheese for like $4/lb, dirt cheap pork butts when you buy a case. Nice meat dept when they're not sold out.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Making a run to Sam's in Bismarck on Saturday:mad:.......................................................At least that's what I'm told I'm doing.;;;;;;;

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
DM good luck hooking up that surge on a heifer, ::laughing::

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12