Wearing audio visual goggles

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am trying to figure out a place for them for my kid. he is legally blind. but, he can see somewhat functionally right in front of his face. like a few feet max. he played a virtual reality game at an arcade the other day and it seemed to be ok. i assume they might have the ability to bring 3D distance into a more "in your face" 2D situationy type of thing.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am trying to figure out a place for them for my kid. he is legally blind. but, he can see somewhat functionally right in front of his face. like a few feet max. he played a virtual reality game at an arcade the other day and it seemed to be ok. i assume they might have the ability to bring 3D distance into a more "in your face" 2D situationy type of thing.
I am sorry to hear that, guessing with the technology we have going now, hopefully they can find a work around for him.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought science has been able to wire directly into the visual area of the brain? I know this isn't really a good comparison to your son since he can see some objects.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been a progressive thing since birth. Wife and I are genetic dynamite. But, kids are amazingly resilient. They just adapt.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84