Well it looks like I'm getting serious about upgrading the ol' Reata

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
some multipurpose rigs do it better than others. to me the reatta and lund crossover lean far to much into ski area. The WX skeeters, Lund Tyees, Impact XS, do fishing alot better than the reatta. and Im sure crestliner, and others have their offerings too.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am currently working out the details on when the order will be placed and time and such... because the easy way is: trade my boat in and have no boat the rest of the summer and have a boat ready for spring OR wait 2 months and trade/try to sell my boat and have a boat possibly later in the spring... I'm ok not having it in the fall with having a deer tag, bow tag for myself and my wife, ducks, geese, and pheasants that all need population controlled, but all of that will fire up in a month

- - - Updated - - -

on the fish/ski note... thats 100% why i am getting rid of this one... it's too much ski not enough fish... and I have an 18 mo old and 1 due in december... boats are for fishing and dragging bait only

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha...ha...ha...kid on the way....ha...ha...ha tournament fishing...this is the funniest thing I read all day
I get the call on the boat. I told the wife if she helps me launch and recover, she can help choose a boat. Guess what. And I've done two tournaments in my life, both this year. Not that big of a deal. Plus, I said 10-30 years. That kid better be done with college by then.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish and ski reatta is a hell of a lot better than a pontoon when you pop a few more kids. My wife wanted a "party boat" to hang out on so the kids could swim. I went to town and got a 2050. Compromise is the key to happy families.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with that remm... but like I told my wife, we have friends with pontoons and sport boats are fun for a little while and jet ski's are fun for an hour... I can and will go out fishing by myself 80% of the time and the boat and fishing are my thing to destress... she gets her nails done and can have a big camper to party and do her thing in and I can slide away and be on the water... if I want to drag a tube around I can hook up a Y rope with a ball or build myself a tow bar that can be removed easily... but that 1850 reata is not setup for the kind of fishing I want to do and once it is setup it won't perform because of all the extra weight and the lack of power. Not to mention there is no place to store anything, when I first got it I thought I would never fill it up... now I know better.... speaking of storage can you troll with a 250' barge?

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
belueve me, i'd much rather have a 620, however 5-6 peeps and a tube have a hard time fitting. I fish vs recreate 80/20 in my boat so the times we want to tube is worth the difference at this stage. I can fish in my boat about anyway i would fish in a 621. Be nice to have one of each. Shoulda made the garage bigger dammit.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pontoons are for fishing. Give it a few years and new tour will be here a rebranded pwt .......pontoon walleye tour. Haha

Back on topic nice ride.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
yamerhammer won't happen... that will make a big heavy boat perform like a bigger heavier boat... and merc 350 is the only one I think you can put on

- - - Updated - - -

tbh if there was an etec 350 I would be all over it

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rusty before you go pulling the trigger on that new rig perhaps you'd like to take a look at this here lund impact, she's a one of a kind I tell ya....Make ya a hell of a deal....Just come get it lol.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
you should buy the reata from me... it fishes a hell of a lot better than that turd you got and its light years ahead of the SoS Stranded

- - - Updated - - -

remember I went fishing with you... and that's why i got the reata

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Goodness gracious. What is that going to cost. $80,000 plus?

Founding Member
Founding Member
80k for a new 621 with a 350 ha ha good one!
Lots more than that, over 100k loaded up. Heck buddy paid over that for a lund last year, crazy world.
"and I'm not even going to try to figure it out" I go to the big tourneys look around at the boat/truck rigs and my mind is instantly blown away! Rigs cost more than my house I built 10 years ago did ha ha ha!
It'll be fun to see what it can do when it lines up to my partners yar next year because so far any of the other 350 boats are just little dots behind us after 10-15 miles. I was in my buddies 300 hp 621 the other day, man that boat sure fishes nice thou that's for sure. Congrats

Last edited:

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Quoted 92k... The yar craft will still smoke a 621... My style of fishing I didn't think the yc would suite me... I like to be closer to the water... The yc goes 75 from what I've seen and the ranger will most likely be mid 60's... The '15 621 a friend has does 61 and my other buddies 620 does 68... So I'm guessing it'll be closer to that 68 range

Founding Member
Founding Member
75 mph ha ha on the trailer! That's what I always tell guys when they ask "will that thing do 70?"
With a jack plate and and fancy prop you might get 60-62 with that ranger "and that's fast on the water!".
Everyone you talk to has a boat or a buddy has a boat that does 65 plus. That is until you line 100 of them up with a full tank of gas and two guys in it and shotgun start. Then there's not so many..
We had a full tank, full livewells and 4 guys yesterday and 62 was tops "99% of the time it was going 43 mph" gets 9.5-10 gallons per hour that way. :)
I agree its hard to beat a ranger for fishability thats for sure, that big heavy bow keeps her stuck to the water in big chop they just sit there! Pleasure to fish out of.
What a good day it was to be on the water yesterday!
img_0590 (2).jpg

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
So that wasn't your yarcraft with a 400 verado on it, 5575? Because if you're laughing at $90k getting spent on a pleasure boat, $120k must not be funny anymore. Hell, I'm probably low on that number.

Founding Member
Founding Member
That yar isn't mine, thats some guys in Alberta with the 400 on the 209 " I wish I had it thou :)" I'm boatless right now. My partner has a 350 219..

Yar 400.jpg

Hell why not just get the 219 with the 557 hp 7 marine while we're at it! ha ha it's in Alberta as well. Motor alone is over 70K. ;:;bowdown
Yar collage.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93