What keeps plastics on the Jig better??

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The wire keepers work great but I'm not sure how to put them in a mold. That would be cool to put rattles in the mold like those maxi gap jigs

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
H20 jig from custom jigs&spins. The last jig you'll ever need, great hooks, wire bait keeper, and the tear drop seems to cut current a bit better. Dirtymike makes a damn good "knock off" with even longer hook shanks which I love.

I've been experimenting with different hook types (wide gap, long shank, etc.) in my standard jig molds. Might look into adding a wire keeper by modifying one of my standard molds. The more I think about the possibilities, the further I fall down this rabbit hole.

- - - Updated - - -

The wire keepers work great but I'm not sure how to put them in a mold. That would be cool to put rattles in the mold like those maxi gap jigs

Take a file and make the wire gap a bit wider to accommodate the wire of the wire keeper. Another more primitive method is to put the wire keeper in the mold along side the hook wire and slowly close the mold to keep the wire in place and then smack the mold with a hammer. The aluminum mold should form around the hook and wire keeper. I prefer method one, but to each their own.

TVolkZV

Founding Member
Founding Member
Super Glue. and use what jig head you need for what way your fishing.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe Uncle Josh is quitting their pork frog line of baits. Bass fisherman have moved to plastic trailers. The worms that Mitchell and other tv personalities use are still being produced I believe.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...-pork-products

in that article it said, "But here's the unsettling part...they will be no more.That's right, save whatever skins you have left, because a 93-year run is over.''

and, "
There is still Uncle josh available for purchase on their website, and at tackle retailers throughout the Northeast. Once it’s gone, it’s gone. Just be sure not to let your remaining pork rinds dry out on the hook.''

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the northland lipstick jigs. A guy should try the pork products jason Mitchell has been promoting and using.
Sucks that they are done. It's because hogs are going to market at 6 months instead of two years so they just couldn't get the right pork anymore and they were having huge amounts of waste. The discontinued products include ALL of their pork baits. They actually were seeing a fairly big increase in their sales but the pork short fall killed it.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33