What's your dream trip?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
or 2400 could use a crossbow to shoot a run of the mill cape buffalo - maybe even more pant-soiling excitement than a 375 dugga boy

Last edited:

Sparky2_1

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dream trip would be with my Dad 1 more time. He passed in 1994. I fish the same lake at least 2 times a year in the same area of the lake. Even hunt the same areas. Everytime I go out the memories come back,but its not the same.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carnivale in Rio.

- - - Updated - - -

If we're limiting ourselves to hunting and fishing, I'd like to have 2400s back on his hunt.

There's just something about a Cape Buffalo that makes me wanna shoot him.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey Allen

Do we go to Rio or Africa first? Either way is good for me. :;:smokin

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tailrace to myself in november :D

Probly have to say Florida panhandle beaches chasing a thousand pound hammer, tiger, or mako from shore.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hunting-New Zealand Redstag
Fishing-lce fishing big Candian lake trout (maybe some crappie mixed in)

- - - Updated - - -

Summer fishing- Aligagtor Gar

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One last month of work as I see they hire someone to take my spot so I assume I am out. I would think they will communicate that to me soon. Yea, it appears one more month.

But, my Goldwing trike, a tent, my wife of close to 50 years and every small town bar in ND this summer or at least as many as we can get to.
One beer every hour is what the manual says. That's got to be about 3-4 towns a day or 100-200 miles a day.
Done did everything else I wanted to do. At least for today.
I am sure my wife (who does not take crab from anyone and has invited guys out the back door) will create new memories for the two of us on those trips. db

- - - Updated - - -

maybe this spring on our annual trip to northern Canada I would also find a match set of white tail horns that score in the 90s each and not ate up and still brown. not to much to ask for is it? db db

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1. Yukon Moose
2. Stone Sheep BC
3. Caribou Alaska
4. Cape Buffalo and Plains game
5. Bighorn in MT
6. Dall in NW Territory
7. Grizzly Alaska
8. Brown Bear Alaska
9. Mountain Goat BC
10. Desert Bighorn in Mexico
11. Mountain Lion Alberta
12. Lynx in BC
13. Wolf in Alberta
14. Mountain Caribou NW Territory

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What I daydream about is not a trip I haven't made but rather the memories of years gone by. To be truthful what I really would want to do the most is spend a day duck hunting with my past hunting friends, on one of those small pothole ponds around Upham. Something about a duck coming into the decoys will always get my heart a flutter.

I am Dan and I am a duck hunter.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yukon Moose with a bow would be an easy number one for me.

Alberta/Sask. whitetails would be another one. Although, it would make the hunt 1000X more satisfying if I could go up there and hunt myself, without an outfitter.

For fishing, I am getting very close. Big lake trout/pike in northern Canada is top of the list. Going up to Clearwater again this year, if the life plans come together, probably be a week or more on the ice up there.

I've been fortunate to do a lot of hunting and fishing, all DIY stuff. To me, that is a huge part of "the dream". Not relying on anybody else to catch a fish or shoot an animal.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
And I guess I did ask some questions and get some pointers on this exceptional website, so there goes that. Damn

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
I get that. Everyone has their priorities. For me, that "tradition" destination hunt is elk hunting Montana. Feasible just about every year or every other. Or every third.

Meelosh - is that a DIY trip for you or do you use an outfitter?

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
DIY brew crew. We’ve come damn close several years in a row to arrowing bulls. Learn a little more about every year. Just about dialed in to more consistent success I feel. So I’m sure I’ll be supremely humbled next year.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alaska for me unlimited tags so i can shoot everything I see, I will shoot with my Nikon and still have the memories of that perfect placed shot, Frosty's view is what I would like to see

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31