Where to get sausage smoked

andyb15

Established Member
I don't have the equipment to smoke the ring sausage that i'll be making next weekend. Does anyone know where around the Fargo area I can bring it to have it smoked?

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of the meat shops can do it. Prime cut meats, meats by john and wayne, Casselton cold storage.

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
Highly recommend Prime Cuts on University - they do a great job at a very reasonable rate

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard right behind the Northern Gentleman's club after 10 any night.

But seriously Prime Cut on university gets my vote

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't have the equipment to smoke the ring sausage that i'll be making next weekend. Does anyone know where around the Fargo area I can bring it to have it smoked?

Well i guess if you hit up any of the truck stops (especially ones closer to interstate 94) you should have a good chance at getting you sausage smoked for a real reasonable price..... Just goin off of what other eastern people say closer to blue plate country

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone willing to smoke your sausage, just try it, probably be ok. If it dont turn out as expected you can always do it yourself

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come on out to my place and smoke it yourself. I have a smoker that can hold 200 lbs at a shot and a good selection of fruitwood chips to choose from. It'll take about 8 hours of your time and some beverages, but you can see the whole process and you can figure out if it's something for you. Just a thought.

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
This topic brings up a funny memory for me... had been making sausage for about 12 years and always brought it in to a meat locker in Casselton to have it smoked. I never thought much of it, I did not have a smoker, didn't know anything about smoking. Met my wife and was planning the sausage and I brought up bringing it in to have smoked and she asked why not just do it yourself? That was probably about 1999, so I made a fridge smoker, we smoked sausage and everything went fine but now we had this smoker and were looking at only using it a few times a year. It was then we both decided we had to look into what other uses we could get out of a smoker. Since then we both totally dived in heads first into learning all we can about smoking, BBQ and grilling!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 38