What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Deer
Which rifle
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="PrairieGhost" data-source="post: 313962" data-attributes="member: 704"><p>Yes both of those rifles snd a 22 inch 308 and an 18 inch 308 loaded with 200 gr ELD-X.</p><p></p><p><span style="color: silver"><span style="font-size: 9px">- - - Updated - - -</span></span></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Yes, and I was expecting 50fps per inch. I suppose different powders would give 25 fps and some 100 fps per inch. Its the only thing I can think of. The fellow I have been hunting with for 40 years bought the Ruger Predator with the 22 inch barrel. I forget what he is getting with factory, but one day when we were chronograohing I told him try this. It was my 140 ELD-M loaded with R26 shich gives ne 3035 in a 26 inch barrel. I was hooeing he would get 2850. He got 2977 which really left me scratching my head. I am still scratching my head over that one. I need to chronograph my 24 inch with that load. I was hooeing gor 2900 with it. Now I wonder if for some crazy reason his shorter barrel will beat mine. I dont know.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="PrairieGhost, post: 313962, member: 704"] Yes both of those rifles snd a 22 inch 308 and an 18 inch 308 loaded with 200 gr ELD-X. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Yes, and I was expecting 50fps per inch. I suppose different powders would give 25 fps and some 100 fps per inch. Its the only thing I can think of. The fellow I have been hunting with for 40 years bought the Ruger Predator with the 22 inch barrel. I forget what he is getting with factory, but one day when we were chronograohing I told him try this. It was my 140 ELD-M loaded with R26 shich gives ne 3035 in a 26 inch barrel. I was hooeing he would get 2850. He got 2977 which really left me scratching my head. I am still scratching my head over that one. I need to chronograph my 24 inch with that load. I was hooeing gor 2900 with it. Now I wonder if for some crazy reason his shorter barrel will beat mine. I dont know. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Deer
Which rifle
Top
Bottom