What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Deer
Which rifle
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="SDMF" data-source="post: 313977" data-attributes="member: 412"><p>There are a few things to concern yourself with regarding the LabRadar, none of them are reasons "not to buy" IMO/IME.</p><p></p><p>1. Getting the thing to read/pickup your bullets. The easiest cheap way to ensure proper alignment with your target is a coffee stir-straw taped into the top sighting groove. Additionally there are now several folks who have other solutions from a peep-sight arrangement to an actual scope mount.</p><p></p><p>2. Supposedly they don't pick up bullets over 4K FPS. I don't have anything loaded to that velocity, default to 1lessdog and his nearly 4300FPS 22-6MM for an explanation/confirmation.</p><p></p><p>3. Supposedly they don't pick up sub-.224 sized projectiles. A gentleman that I shoot with has a .20Practical that we picked up 9:10 shots the 1st time I had it set up. I can't recall which projectile he was actually using. The radar has to reflect off of the base of the bullet so the smaller that is, the more difficult it is for the LabRadar to read it. Prior to cyphering getting alignment proper, I has issues picking up the .224 75gn A-Max. I have the scope mount for mine and pretty much never miss a shot anymore. If someone has a primary rifle, or a bunch of rifles that are sub-.224 I could see skipping the LR, or at least trying to find one to use and test prior to purchase.</p><p></p><p>4. Get an external power source, otherwise you get 4-6hrs out of 8? AA batteries. The port is just a micro-USB, I use a longer cord and set my battery on the shooting bench, I didn't velcro it to my machine.</p><p></p><p>Setup time for the LR is exponentially less than a traditional or MagnetoSpeed.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="SDMF, post: 313977, member: 412"] There are a few things to concern yourself with regarding the LabRadar, none of them are reasons "not to buy" IMO/IME. 1. Getting the thing to read/pickup your bullets. The easiest cheap way to ensure proper alignment with your target is a coffee stir-straw taped into the top sighting groove. Additionally there are now several folks who have other solutions from a peep-sight arrangement to an actual scope mount. 2. Supposedly they don't pick up bullets over 4K FPS. I don't have anything loaded to that velocity, default to 1lessdog and his nearly 4300FPS 22-6MM for an explanation/confirmation. 3. Supposedly they don't pick up sub-.224 sized projectiles. A gentleman that I shoot with has a .20Practical that we picked up 9:10 shots the 1st time I had it set up. I can't recall which projectile he was actually using. The radar has to reflect off of the base of the bullet so the smaller that is, the more difficult it is for the LabRadar to read it. Prior to cyphering getting alignment proper, I has issues picking up the .224 75gn A-Max. I have the scope mount for mine and pretty much never miss a shot anymore. If someone has a primary rifle, or a bunch of rifles that are sub-.224 I could see skipping the LR, or at least trying to find one to use and test prior to purchase. 4. Get an external power source, otherwise you get 4-6hrs out of 8? AA batteries. The port is just a micro-USB, I use a longer cord and set my battery on the shooting bench, I didn't velcro it to my machine. Setup time for the LR is exponentially less than a traditional or MagnetoSpeed. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Deer
Which rifle
Top
Bottom