White Earth Deer

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
My parents have a lake cabin within the boundaries of the White Earth Reservation that I would like to bow hunt this fall. Looking at the map there are several pieces of state, county and private land in the area as well. Reading through the rules and regs it seems that we are good to hunt non White Earth Indian Reservation land (pink on the DNR Site below). A guy at softball said that Natives are able to rifle hunt in the beginning of Oct so I better plan on going before that but I cannot find anything to support that claim online. Can someone shine some light on any of this?

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/state_forests/sft00054.pdf

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
they probably can. i think the rifle season for natives on spirit lake starts possible as early as september 1. nonetheless, just cause the natives might be rifle hunting doesn't mean you can't bow hunt. might even drive em to your property.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't like bow hunting when people are shooting rifles; creeps me out when I hunt public land

they probably can. i think the rifle season for natives on spirit lake starts possible as early as september 1. nonetheless, just cause the natives might be rifle hunting doesn't mean you can't bow hunt. might even drive em to your property.

- - - Updated - - -

Google Pro! Thank you

That name again folks is Fly Carpin's Country Style Googlin'. No Google request too large, no Google request too small.

http://www.whiteearth.com/data/upfiles/files/Hunting_Seasons_2016-2017.pdf

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
You'll be fine. Bow hunted up in that area for 7 years and never had an issue, private or public land. Most of the deer hunters up there (I believe rifle hunting starts in October) don't go far from the road. Beautiful areas to hunt and some good deer up there.

Good luck!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why can they shoot 10 ducks I thought even on the res the feds still set limits on waterfowl

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31