What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Deer
Whitetail Statewide Tag
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="luvcatchingbass" data-source="post: 494611" data-attributes="member: 1979"><p>YEAH. Like a crappy gun or a bunch of crappy guns that anyone can buy off the shelf or nobody wants. </p><p>Our SCI Chapter is trying an online only Auction of various trips and it has been running for 3 weeks nation wide and I can tell you right now unless people get to bidding in the next 2 days we aren't making very much after we pay the auction company and pay the outfitters because guess what NOT EVERYTHING is 100% donations. SCI is not able to get the ND tags because we are 501 c (4), basically meaning SCI does political advocacy and lobbying. That sure would suck if an organization in the state of ND got a donation from the state to raise money then turn around and use that money to try to advocate for what the people that utilize the states resources for hunting and fishing.</p><p></p><p><a href="https://www.onlinehuntingauctions.com/SCI-Red-River-Valley-Chapter-2026-Online-Auction_as117150" target="_blank">https://www.onlinehuntingauctions.com/SCI-Red-River-Valley-Chapter-2026-Online-Auction_as117150</a></p><p></p><p>I got probably 40hrs or more of my spare time putting this together this 1 auction of 25 (this spring I had 2 days of banquet auctions and about 45 items each night) then not sure how many hours contacting winners and outfitters to make sure everyone is on the same page and getting outfitters paid. </p><p>Like [USER=216]@Petras[/USER] said there is a lot of work that goes into these things and some places don't have the man power, I will not vote for our chapter to run a raffle because I know that it CANNOT be ran correctly and I don not have the time to devote on top of what I already do. I wish I had competent help on our SCI Banquet Auction but every time I give someone a task they let me down and I do it myself. TRUST me there are lots of things I would rather do than volunteer all the time I do to our SCI Chapter but I truly believe that IF we can grow we stand to make some meaningful impacts in conservation areas in the future, currently we have been focusing on youth, disabled and veteran hunting education and opportunities with some general humanitarian involved</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="luvcatchingbass, post: 494611, member: 1979"] YEAH. Like a crappy gun or a bunch of crappy guns that anyone can buy off the shelf or nobody wants. Our SCI Chapter is trying an online only Auction of various trips and it has been running for 3 weeks nation wide and I can tell you right now unless people get to bidding in the next 2 days we aren't making very much after we pay the auction company and pay the outfitters because guess what NOT EVERYTHING is 100% donations. SCI is not able to get the ND tags because we are 501 c (4), basically meaning SCI does political advocacy and lobbying. That sure would suck if an organization in the state of ND got a donation from the state to raise money then turn around and use that money to try to advocate for what the people that utilize the states resources for hunting and fishing. [URL]https://www.onlinehuntingauctions.com/SCI-Red-River-Valley-Chapter-2026-Online-Auction_as117150[/URL] I got probably 40hrs or more of my spare time putting this together this 1 auction of 25 (this spring I had 2 days of banquet auctions and about 45 items each night) then not sure how many hours contacting winners and outfitters to make sure everyone is on the same page and getting outfitters paid. Like [USER=216]@Petras[/USER] said there is a lot of work that goes into these things and some places don't have the man power, I will not vote for our chapter to run a raffle because I know that it CANNOT be ran correctly and I don not have the time to devote on top of what I already do. I wish I had competent help on our SCI Banquet Auction but every time I give someone a task they let me down and I do it myself. TRUST me there are lots of things I would rather do than volunteer all the time I do to our SCI Chapter but I truly believe that IF we can grow we stand to make some meaningful impacts in conservation areas in the future, currently we have been focusing on youth, disabled and veteran hunting education and opportunities with some general humanitarian involved [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Today at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Deer
Whitetail Statewide Tag
Top
Bottom