Winter Prep

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Next year I am stocking up on essentials that will last until I have to mow the lawn. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: LB

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
My meat supply is still on its feet. I have maybe a 100 lb of apples on the ground and the deer smell them under two feet of snow. I waited months for the bucks to come legal shooting time, and now I can't decide which I like better eating them or watching them. If the big boy doesn't come legal time I need to decide small tender fork horn, or big body with messed up small 4x4, or just watch. I may have to drop a few bucks at the Cenex feed supply for their high protein deer feed. Maybe I can keep them fat and happy until I mow lawn. Then I'll switch to minerals.
I do need a carcass to bring coyotes into the yard in front of the 6.5 Grendel.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Next year I am stocking up on essentials that will last until I have to mow the lawn. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: LB
I was expecting to hear you hit the Happy Harry's penny sale and stocked up on Chardonnay and Chianti's.....Or maybe that you invested in a some grape vines and a fermentation setup - wouldn't have surprised me with your green thumb ;)

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cant drink because of the Meds I take not that I really want to right now. Our township snowplow was abducted by aliens is maybe the only excuse that I haven't heard yet. Wife has been stuck in Fargo since Monday at her Aunts place. Ran out of meds and the pharm would only give her 3 days worth because of insurance they say and she runs out again Monday morning. Called half a dozen people who have large tractors and blowers but everyone is too busy with their own stuff to help. It sucks when your township is half government pasture with no tax base so they are broke all the time so they say but the same grader will come by every 10 days in the summer chasing gravel from one side of the road to the other. Blood pressure up again got to stop. LB

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We must have the same grader operator. If it wasn't for my JD rider blower and the neighbors, nobody in our cul-de-sac would get out. And like ya say come summertime he is here when it doesn't even need and it just becomes a dust bowl for about 2 weeks

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
not just your twp just saw the plow this afternoon for the first time.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
For many years we have given our street workers, plow operator, garbage truck workers and mail Lady either gift cards or cash at Christmas.
You would be surprised how many times that has paid off during the year even though that isn't why we do it. Used to give them 20 bucks each but after gas and everything went nuts last year we raised it up to 50 bucks each. Can't get squat for 20 bucks anymore.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Finally got a guy to come with a frontend loader to push my half mile. Must have taken him a couple hours but a least the wife got home last night to get her meds. I am sure that's going to be a hefty bill right before Christmas. Diesel isn't cheap nor is a persons time. I expect it and just glad I got someone to do it for me. LB

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
"For many years we have given our street workers, plow operator, garbage truck workers and mail Lady either gift cards or cash at Christmas."

Would have a hard time with this in our area, garbage dude has missed us 3 times since the beginning of Nov. I highly doubt we will get discounted as we pay for 3 months advance.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its good to rotate the grocery shelves like this. Our stores were pretty empty shelves yesterday, but had the package of flour mrs johnr needed, as this generation wouldn't really know what to do with flour anyway...haha
hope that came across as I remember my grandfather saying it, as a grump old man.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its good to rotate the grocery shelves like this. Our stores were pretty empty shelves yesterday, but had the package of flour mrs johnr needed, as this generation wouldn't really know what to do with flour anyway...haha
hope that came across as I remember my grandfather saying it, as a grump old man.
Flour creates work and contains gluten….that spells yuck. I know that because I read it on instatweetbook

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're suppose to roll em flour and poke the wet spot.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You guys gotta get with the times, everyone and their sister is making their own bread these days! I've had bread flower on the grocery list for weeks and can't find any. Regular flower has been about the same. No glutenphobes in this house, but I've been told the fermentation that occurs with baking sourdough breaks down the gluten.

Finished our winter prep for the year this weekend. Hopefully with that being done and no snow in the forecast until the weekend, I can come up for air in a couple days! Maybe I’ll even have time to clean the garage!
554DADDD-6F88-4F1E-891F-78D7AFC8626F.jpeg

51E4C434-F053-4A83-B5AD-09217BD5AF3A.jpeg

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys gotta get with the times, everyone and their sister is making their own bread these days! I've had bread flower on the grocery list for weeks and can't find any. Regular flower has been about the same. No glutenphobes in this house, but I've been told the fermentation that occurs with baking sourdough breaks down the gluten.

Finished our winter prep for the year this weekend. Hopefully with that being done and no snow in the forecast until the weekend, I can come up for air in a couple days! Maybe I’ll even have time to clean the garage!
554DADDD-6F88-4F1E-891F-78D7AFC8626F.jpeg

51E4C434-F053-4A83-B5AD-09217BD5AF3A.jpeg
I guess I’ve been spelling flower wrong all these years. Learn something new everyday.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11