Winter project~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
DB, please define "working girls". i think we are envisioning two different things.

LOL I'm curious as well....also were they big girls with hairy arms and legs,"buckhorn beer" makes all look good.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Espringers:

Not the kind of ladies one may think. Good, clean, shy, inexperience and looking for the same things us young, inexperience, shy boys were looking for, memories for the old age along with the thrills of the moment. And they could drink with the best of us.

I am sure they are still making more to tell the grandkids as i hope we all are. DB

- - - Updated - - -

Snow:

I think they may have been farm girls who pitch square bales for their dad and came to the big city. They had class.

Buckhorn beer was like gravel going down but we all found old mill and the ladies maybe needed the beer for us so the junk would not work and then we would leave them alone and focus on the moment.
I remember the night my buddy had a plan. He would mix the drink and it would all work out. Well, he passed out in the back seat and the girls where piss as we ran out of booze and not 21, i was not going to find anymore. To many of those same kind of memories. db

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
back in my beer drinking days I kinda remember drinking BH beer,little foggy,as it was the cheapest we could find,grainbelt ponies were a fav as the brewery was in mpls, then up till a few years ago I was swillin grainbelt "nordeast" kinda miss those days but being on the wagon has its beifits,age and hang overs don't bold well.

- - - Updated - - -

Minivans... the true meaning of a whipped man

Agreed,might as well turn in the "man card" sell your guns and fishing equipment in most cases of whippedness.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well on the home stretch,finally got the right fly wheel and my engine guy decided to bore out the 440 wilst waiting for the right fly wheel,now we have a 520 stroker ready for take off,thinking it needs slicks in the rear,these 60's might last a week,heading to the local airport for some flight fuel.Ready to unleash the beast,!000+hp turbo/nit

1969.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2402 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Minivans... the true meaning of a whipped man

Mini-van aren't that bad. VAN = Vehicle of Angry Ninja's. I've done a lot of hunting and fishing out of my mini-van. It's either I keep The Flying Dutchman or my wife gets a suburban. Pretty easy decision too; especially when my kids would trash the back seat of a $60K+ vehicle.
There's a mid-40's international pickup in the shelter belt. That's coming to Dickinson at some point next fall and will be a project for the twins and I.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snow:
I to wonder what you meant by turbo but from at first i wanted to ask what size the carbs are? Looks great as most mopars will but this one is right up there.

When you mention airport i thought it was to run it down the runway not for fuel. I am no longer up to speed on some of this but i assume mech. linkage on the carbs.
Devils Run would be great as a chance to see and meet. db

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snow:
I to wonder what you meant by turbo but from at first i wanted to ask what size the carbs are? Looks great as most mopars will but this one is right up there.

When you mention airport i thought it was to run it down the runway not for fuel. I am no longer up to speed on some of this but i assume mech. linkage on the carbs.
Devils Run would be great as a chance to see and meet. db

I appoligize,we talked about turbo(to much $$ the way it is invested) before we decided to change out the pistons and build the super stroker,twin 4 barrels with 2 20 lb nitrous bottles in the trunk not hooked-up yet.dual hooker cherry bomb headers really makes a great rumble when fired,one can feel the ground vibrate when she fired up standing next to it,its a monster.

Only thing OEM on this powertrain is the 440 block,everything else came out of "jages racing" including roll cage and the Dana 60 rearend we switched out the auto tranny and put a dual clutch transmission in.

db-l yeah the flight fuel is 110 octane not ment for std vehicles,My plan is to load up a couple 50gallon drums to store in my barn,airport has security camera's at the pump to monitor who is at the pump,hopefully I won't get redflagged /busted filling up.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you please make a video when you fire it up and run her a bit. I would love to see and hear her.

buddy made a video once he sends it hopefully I can figure out how to attach it here,the test run yesterday had 60' of rubber in 2nd gear,going sideways,she's a handful.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Your pictures and all the comments are bringing up good memories. Also used to have a muscle car (67 Buick GS 400) and have looked a few times for one. Weren't a lot of them built but it was like all the muscle cars, fast and fun. GS's weren't common because Buick was considered a luxury car but they had all of the ingredients of a muscle car, vinyl seats, 4-speed, and a big motor. What else was needed?

Did find one about 15 years ago listed in the paper. Was so tempted to go look as it was only 40 miles away but decided that if I was to go, most likely I would come home with it. One of those "Today I wish my decision would have been different." One of my big questions back then was that I had no place to store another vehicle. Still don't but in a better position today to work around that issue.

Is there anyone today that owned a muscle car that doesn't wish they had it back? There are fast cars today but for me there was just something about fast with big engine roar instead of a high RPM whine. Maybe someday.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed,had a 1965 goat 389 hurst 4 spd,headers all torq before I knew what torq was,top speed was 80mpg or maybe I was to scared to push it further....naw young,dumb full of cum always pushed it.Wish I still had that puppy.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
So we’ve gone from supercharged, to turbo, to stroker w/Nitrous and someone else is laying rubber down.

Snow, is that your car or does someone else own it?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19