Wyoming muledeer

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well, for the first 20 years it wasn’t really in a lot of places, so it would be hard to kill all the deer in states where they didn’t even have the disease. C’mon, you can do better.

IMG_7798.jpeg
Listen to the professional panhandler he k ows how to fleece the people...

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
BrockW kick your dog or something Fester?

BrockW

Brock is president of backcountry hunters and anglers. One of Brock's BHA directors is David Brandt. Everybody knows everybody but no one knows shit.
Yes, though I believe I stated that clearly in the Bismarck Boat ramp thread. And yes again, Dave is on our board, though he is now a “retired” waterfowl biologist. I consider him a very close friend of mine. Stand up guy and a huntin fool.

But you forgot to mention that I’m from the same town as you and that I went to school with your kids. We graduated only 2 years apart.
The same for Brock.
Yes, as a fifth generation North Dakotan, I’m sure many people know me. See above.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol no...just sick of douch bags taking tax payors money so they can pat themselves on the back. If people stopped bagging for our money.. taxes would drop. But Brock feels like he can spend my money better than myself..so yeah
All of us advocate tax cut, but if it gorse our ox were complaining like they took our left testicle.
As to have you ever cashed a gov check of course, but I have a friend from church that don't think any money should be spent on habitat, and without exageration his ag support per year is about 18 times my highest pay year. This isn't complaining just fact.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s false…a lot of false. There is no federal mandates for testing. There is no “free money” for agencies. There is no money for finding positives. And voluntary testing started well before 5 years ago.
What do you consider " free money"

(1) IN GENERAL.—There is authorized to be appropriated to the Secretary to carry out this section $70,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2022 through fiscal year 2028, to remain available until expended.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/5608/text

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, a person can dislike that the federal taxpayers have chosen (through their elected representatives) to spend the collective people's money on CWD research, inner city basketball programs, schools, new tanks and airplanes, medical research into cancer, boat ramps, fish stocking programs, law enforcement, foreign aid, social security, and the list goes on and on and on. But for the love of all that's holy, get a grip on reality. There are things at every level of government that money gets spent on that's not a consensus. I am pretty damn sure there are people out there who don't like some of the stuff that you might like. You know, things like border security, bigger prisons, abortion bans, etc. All that costs money too.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All of us advocate tax cut, but if it gorse our ox were complaining like they took our left testicle.
As to have you ever cashed a gov check of course, but I have a friend from church that don't think any money should be spent on habitat, and without exageration his ag support per year is about 18 times my highest pay year. This isn't complaining just fact.
Jeez..like justifying being raped...

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Habitat and access and nutrition = yes. Slaughtering whole herds without even knowing exactly what is going on and funneling tax money into a created crisis = no.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well, a person can dislike that the federal taxpayers have chosen (through their elected representatives) to spend the collective people's money on CWD research, inner city basketball programs, schools, new tanks and airplanes, medical research into cancer, boat ramps, fish stocking programs, law enforcement, foreign aid, social security, and the list goes on and on and on. But for the love of all that's holy, get a grip on reality. There are things at every level of government that money gets spent on that's not a consensus. I am pretty damn sure there are people out there who don't like some of the stuff that you might like. You know, things like border security, bigger prisons, abortion bans, etc. All that costs money too.
Get rid of it all

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s the problem though…. It doesn’t stop at needs. These politicians will justify any expenditure and will go so far as to create crisis and scream sky is falling to justify it. I don’t think most taxpayers are mad about paying for the general liabilities of society. It’s the ukraines, foreign aid, cwd, amphitheaters that are pissing people off. Let me be governor for one week. I’d have our budget cut in half. 1% bonus to each state dept head of the total he/she slashes from the budget their first year. Every year after they would receive a 1% bonus on the amount saved from the year before. Moratorium on new hires for retired employees. After the second year those workers that stay will receive a 10% raise. Watch how much money we would save by doing more with less. Those jobs would be very competitive and we would half half the workforce we do now. There is zero incentive for any government employee to save taxpayers money right now. So they continue to hold their hands out for more

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

Border Security and Prisons are to protect the people and unfortunately they are a necessity. unless you are referring to the welfare programs you are going to have to explain how abortion bans cost taxpayers money.

BrockW

What do you consider " free money"

(1) IN GENERAL.—There is authorized to be appropriated to the Secretary to carry out this section $70,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2022 through fiscal year 2028, to remain available until expended.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/5608/text
Again….the full amount is not appropriated automatically. It must go through appropriations and be funded.

Looks like it was 17.5 million for FY24 and the same proposed for FY 25. And again, these funds are competitive grants so not every agency or cervid farm gets money. You must apply with projects or needs.

FY24:

The agreement provides $17,500,000 for APHIS to implement the Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) Research and Management Act. Specifically, of the amount provided for cervid health activities, $12,500,000 shall be for APHIS to allocate funds directly to State departments of wildlife, State departments of agriculture, Native American Tribes, and research institutions and universities to further develop and implement CWD surveillance, testing, management, and response activities. Within the remaining $4,500,000 provided for cervid health activities, APHIS shall provide indemnity payments and associated costs to remove infected and exposed animals as expeditiously as possible. The agreement provides $5,000,000 for Wildlife Services Methods Development for CWD work at the National Wildlife Research Center and directs APHIS to continue working with university collaborators to provide research support to the overall effort to detect, combat, and control CWD.

Proposed FY25:

Cervid Health.—The Committee provides $17,500,000 for APHIS to implement the Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) Research and Management Act, of which $12,500,000 shall be for APHIS to allocate funds directly to State departments of wildlife, State departments of agriculture, Native American Tribes, and research institutions and universities to further develop and implement chronic wasting disease (CWD) surveillance, testing, management, and response activities. Within the remaining $5,000,000 provided, APHIS should consider indemnity payments and associated costs to remove infected and exposed animals as expeditiously as possible. In addition, the Committee maintains the 2024 funding level for Wildlife Services Methods Development for CWD work at the National Wildlife Research Center.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Michigan has CWD and went regulation crazy. Even banned feeding. After months of wrangling through the legislative process a compromise was reached. Gov. Gretchen Whitmer simply vetoed it. That was maddening.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...n-bill-to-ease-restrictions-on-feeding-birds/

Right now, Michigan has an explosion of deer and are considering opening baiting for hunting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/h...sed-for-explosive-deer-population/ar-BB1pHmSU

Can't make this stuff up.

BrockW

Michigan has CWD and went regulation crazy. Even banned feeding. After months of wrangling through the legislative process a compromise was reached. Gov. Gretchen Whitmer simply vetoed it. That was maddening.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...n-bill-to-ease-restrictions-on-feeding-birds/

Right now, Michigan has an explosion of deer and are considering opening baiting for hunting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/h...sed-for-explosive-deer-population/ar-BB1pHmSU

Can't make this stuff up.
They’re talking about making the lower peninsula just like North Dakota. Banning baiting where there is disease and allowing it where there is no disease. Right now it’s banned for the entire lower peninsula.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s the problem though…. It doesn’t stop at needs. These politicians will justify any expenditure and will go so far as to create crisis and scream sky is falling to justify it. I don’t think most taxpayers are mad about paying for the general liabilities of society. It’s the ukraines, foreign aid, cwd, amphitheaters that are pissing people off. Let me be governor for one week. I’d have our budget cut in half. 1% bonus to each state dept head of the total he/she slashes from the budget their first year. Every year after they would receive a 1% bonus on the amount saved from the year before. Moratorium on new hires for retired employees. After the second year those workers that stay will receive a 10% raise. Watch how much money we would save by doing more with less. Those jobs would be very competitive and we would half half the workforce we do now. There is zero incentive for any government employee to save taxpayers money right now. So they continue to hold their hands out for more
We all know politicians buy votes with our tax dollars.
I am confused with what you would do as governor since the Ukrain etc is federal. I'm not picking on you because I agree actually. The politicians Rob the productive to buy votes from the lazy.
As for raises feds often go years with no cost of living raises. Dady Bush had a study done and found the feds were 30+ percent below the same jobs in the private sector. He had scheduled a 27% raise for fed employees, but Clinton won the election and made it zero percent for years.
When I started in 1971 I wasn't done with college so I starred at a GS3 which at that time was $6,300. I liked the job when I started, but couldn't get out fast enough. I went to a five day training and one day was diversity. The politically correct told us diversity made uds strong and united us. Do they know what etomology means? Diversity/division. One time this diversity trainer went to a gag gift shop and bought a Norwegian flashlight. It was an empty roll of bathroom tissue with a match at one end. I can still see him in white pants, pink shirt, and wide brim pink hat pacing back and fourth and ranting for a full hour over that flashlight.
When I started fed retirement was number one. By 1980 it was no longer in the top 500. By 1995 North Dakota state employees passed us. Not complaining at all I just want people to see reality.
Here is the 2024 GSA pay schedule. All benefits are considered salary and taxes are paid on even health insurance. They sure are higher than when I retired.
1000021379.jpg

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Border Security and Prisons are to protect the people and unfortunately they are a necessity. unless you are referring to the welfare programs you are going to have to explain how abortion bans cost taxpayers money.

Every time an abortion ban is passed, it comes with $$$$ and an obligation to defend it in court.

Lawyers and litigation are expensive.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every time an abortion ban is passed, it comes with $$$$ and an obligation to defend it in court.

Lawyers and litigation are expensive.
that could be said about every law or bill passed. the Lawyers are already on the gov dime So the money would already be spent, just on other things. You should know that as you are on the government payroll. the ones it costs are those that bring the suits against the government or those that have to defend themselves from the government. Now if you are for downsizing government and the number of employees I am all for that, especially those that post while on the clock.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think much of the anger with government is misplaced, and every time politicians smile because they often don't get blamed.
Now let me preface my statement: it's not an argument to justify how many more or less public employees we have. Ok here goes: the problem with government isn't the number of employees they have, but how intrusive government is in your life. Our politicians are bad enough, but now we have heads of departments (ATF for example) makeing regulations they have no authority to do. Unfortunately likecsheep the American people accept them. Those are out of line federal employees that should be fired immediately. Perhaps prosecuted for their unauthorized actions against the American people. Prosecuted if their actions are detrimental to freedom.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think much of the anger with government is misplaced, and every time politicians smile because they often don't get blamed.
Now let me preface my statement: it's not an argument to justify how many more or less public employees we have. Ok here goes: the problem with government isn't the number of employees they have, but how intrusive government is in your life. Our politicians are bad enough, but now we have heads of departments (ATF for example) makeing regulations they have no authority to do. Unfortunately likecsheep the American people accept them. Those are out of line federal employees that should be fired immediately. Perhaps prosecuted for their unauthorized actions against the American people. Prosecuted if their actions are detrimental to freedom.
LOL. Who's going to do the prosecuting?

The DOJ? Pfft.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 325
  • This month: 181
  • This month: 179
  • This month: 128
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 88