Yamaha V-Max

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Test drove it yesterday, no deal breakers....would have took it home but he is replacing both cables to kicker and parts weren't in..;:;banghead So drove 4 hours just to drive half way tomorrow to pick it up. Sellers fishing partner is a certified boat mechanic and owns a small dealership in Belle Fouche SD. They've kept this boat pristine IMO. He seemed more pissed than me That parts didn't come in. The troll master 2 is the cats meow!!

You'll like Troll master 2 My "new to me" boat has it, There was a "lot going on" before I got used to it. I put a big ass fin on the Bow mount and use it purely for steering and auto pilot. My kicker steering is hard wired and it quit turning one direction so I order a wireless winch control and solenoid for about 30 bucks and will eliminate the $ 400 circuit board. Two birds with one stone. Good luck with the new rig.

- - - Updated - - -

I run my kicker motor straight almost all the time anyway but still want it working.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah we ran cranks yesterday with it for about an hour that troll Master 2 is sweet. My buddy really wanted to catch the first fish but I did a nice 18 in.

- - - Updated - - -

Still can't post pictures;:;banghead

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah we ran cranks yesterday with it for about an hour that troll Master 2 is sweet. My buddy really wanted to catch the first fish but I did a nice 18 in.

- - - Updated - - -

Still can't post pictures;:;banghead

Again, what about the bathtub?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm gonna keep the bath tub for now. It can be launched from shore easily with a 4-wheeler and with a pick-up in the right spot. The 15hp four stoke Yamaha was bought new 3 or 4 years ago, its got some value. I may fix it up the boat and sell it but irk, depends how bad I wanna pay the Ranger off. Still handy and quick to take out, untarping the Ranger is almost a two man job. If I just wanna go out and troll the rip rap in front of town in the evening I can be on the water with the bath tub in the time it would take me to hook up Ranger and untarp it, then I'd have to tarp it in the dark, so I'm keeping it, for now. It's nice to have a spare boat to keep fresh fillets in the fridge.

Still can't upload picks.... even from my computer. :mad:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't remember which thread where I discussed my buddies 2014 Ranger's gas gauge, but mine is the same, as it has those digital blocks, not a needle. I ran it down to one block left and it only took 20gal. Someone in that thread said something you had to do while or after filling it, and then it worked. The guy I bought it from said it worked and was accurate, but he also said the tank was like 39 gallons. Does anyone know how to get those digital gauges to read right?

- - - Updated - - -

picture.php

Well it looks as if I can copy and paste a pic of it now ;)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88