Your strangest catch?

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
Was fishing a rock lined stretch of river at night with crankbaits. A friend tied on his favorite crankbait and was bragging it never failed him. On his first cast, he hooked a rock and the line broke at the swivel. While he was boobing about losing his favorite lure, tied another to replace it and three casts later snagged his original lost crankbait on the retrieve.

Shinji58078

Caught a sleeping bag in the Red, super heavy to get in and I was hesitant to look inside but did. Luckily there was just a bunch or mud, aquatic bugs and crayfish.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I forgot this one.....Met a gal who was ice fishing near me and we were chatting when she said "Oh shit! as she ran towards her rod that was pulled down the hole by a fish. She said "that was my favorite rod!"

Next weekend, same gal fishing near me when I hooked a 13" perch. When I pulled it out of the hole it had a spoon in it's mouth, which I was not using. I realized it was still tied to line, so I started pulling on it and low and behold her rod was attached to the other end!

I walked to her, handed her the "favorite rod" and we both laughed in disbelief. A few hours later she brought me a 15 pack of Goose Island IPA which she noticed I was drinking earlier.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I "caught" a northern on Oahe when I snagged a bottom bouncer that was attached to the spinner that was hooked in a walleyes mouth and that walleye was halfway down the throat of the northern.

Magpie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ice fishing for perch outside with a friend who had a Thorne Bros rod daughters had given him for Christmas. Sets it on a 5 gallon pail, line in the water. Walks over to me when we hear the dreaded sound of a 5 gal pail tipping over on the ice. Down the hole went the Thorne brothers. Later in the day he is jigging a hole 40 ft. from where the brothers went diving. He hollers for me to get over here. He snagged his TB rod. The fish had drug it that far and dropped it directly under the other hole. No fish on it either. True story.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I forgot this one.....Met a gal who was ice fishing near me and we were chatting when she said "Oh shit! as she ran towards her rod that was pulled down the hole by a fish. She said "that was my favorite rod!"

Next weekend, same gal fishing near me when I hooked a 13" perch. When I pulled it out of the hole it had a spoon in it's mouth, which I was not using. I realized it was still tied to line, so I started pulling on it and low and behold her rod was attached to the other end!

I walked to her, handed her the "favorite rod" and we both laughed in disbelief. A few hours later she brought me a 15 pack of Goose Island IPA which she noticed I was drinking earlier.
I feel as though there is more to this story, like maybe you guys fished each others holes?

jk

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel as though there is more to this story, like maybe you guys fished each others holes?

jk
We'll leave that to the imagination.....I can say she had more manly hands than me and had me by about 15 years. I did almost type "I pulled her rod out of my hole" and then realized what I was about to say.....

On a serious note, pretty impressive that the perch was tethered to the bottom by a rod for a week, had a hook in it's mouth, and STILL decided to eat another lure.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80