YouTube Bans Provocative Hunting and Fishing Ads

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
deadfish.jpg

It goes without saying that there’s some real filth on the Internet these days. So much so that I hardly think a video of a man field dressing a deer or filleting a fish would ruffle feathers. Apparently, though, the powers that be at YouTube beg to differ.

As part of a promotional campaign, CarbonTV, an online outdoors network, recently uploaded video ads to YouTube that show a sportsman butchering a deer and a fish, accompanied by the playful tagline, “See What You’re Made Of.” The network intended for the ads to evoke reactions. And they did; YouTube’s ad service promptly banned the clips.

“We realized it wasn’t simply about asking people to tune in, it was about challenging them to stick around,” CarbonTV executive Dan Seliger told OutdoorHub.com. “We are committed to exposing as many people as possible to outdoor programming, and we thought this approach would get some attention.”

The strategy seems to have worked. Even though YouTube won't allow the videos to run as ads on its site, CarbonTV has since reposted the clips (included below) as normal YouTube videos and shared them on Facebook.

What do you think—did the ads warrant the ban?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing there that doesn't happen while bringing fish fillets to McDonalds or bringing rib-eye steaks to the meat case. Youtube can pound sand as far as I'm concerned. I'll wager the liberals that started this would sing a different tune when they have empty stomachs and the grocery stores are void of goods. Just Sayin'!!!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they are pop-up commercials you see before your program, vid or whatever the clips etc are called; I don't blame Utube. In fact; if they are the aforementioned, the jackasses already have started in-fighting within the sportsman community. I don't want to see a deer gutted before watching all the new faggot marriage videos. I didn't watch the posted clips as they seemed more gratuitous than instructional providing more fuel for the anti's. I learned to better fillet a pike through Utube and often watch it to better learn how to butcher a deer. It's not "in your face, yeah BLOOD" and the site doesn't have a problem featuring these things. An old lady seeking knitting instruction doesn't want to watch a deer disemboweled.

Last edited:

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing there that doesn't happen while bringing fish fillets to McDonalds or bringing rib-eye steaks to the meat case. Youtube can pound sand as far as I'm concerned. I'll wager the liberals that started this would sing a different tune when they have empty stomachs and the grocery stores are void of goods. Just Sayin'!!!
Didn't you know they just make the meat at the grocery store so they don't have to hurt the animals.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69