zero turn recommendations

NodakBob

Honored Member
Do you have a snowblower for it? If so, how does the belt drive work for you?
I have the snow blade instead of a snowblower…this was the first year in 12 that I wished I had a blower. The for wheel steer would be killer behind a snowblower…

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
I have the snow blade instead of a snowblower…this was the first year in 12 that I wished I had a blower. The for wheel steer would be killer behind a snowblower…
if my honda 4 wheel steer would be 4 wheel drive i wouldnt have had to buy a bobcat. pto snow blower. throws snow like a boss. now my father uses it intown. lol

honda1.jpg

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have belt driven 44" blower on my X380, thing works awesome. Pretty sure it is same as the 500 series units.
How long have you had it? Belt hasn't broke or jumps off, or slips. Thanks, considering getting rid of my zero turn and getting a multi purpose machine.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How long have you had it? Belt hasn't broke or jumps off, or slips. Thanks, considering getting rid of my zero turn and getting a multi purpose machine.
This was 4th winter. I blow a heck of a lot of snow for neighbors and the grader doesnt get out to our cul-de-sac on a timely bases so i and my neighbor ( JD 700 series) blow the whole thing out. I broke 1 belt couple yrs ago because of my own alignment issue when I installed, otherwise replaced the chute deflecter cable once. No other problems

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you ever plug up the chute on the JD snow blower ? I blew a little snow with my son's over Easter and once the snow started getting sticky that thing plugged up way to easy. The snow was heavy but still it should have walked right through it. I have an old walk behind snow blower that use on our deck and I push it to the limit in heavy wet snow and I've never plugged it.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do you ever plug up the chute on the JD snow blower ? I blew a little snow with my son's over Easter and once the snow started getting sticky that thing plugged up way to easy. The snow was heavy but still it should have walked right through it. I have an old walk behind snow blower that use on our deck and I push it to the limit in heavy wet snow and I've never plugged it.
From past experience if it plugged the shoot up easier then you think, it may be due to the belt slipping and not being able to spin the paddle fast enough to eject the snow through the chute. May want to check belt tensioner or even replace it. Any oil or grease on the belt and tensioner or wheels may cause this as well.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did not have any issues of plugging. It does have a gauge on it for optimum RPM operation. I usually run it to just about max when blowing.
In fact I just blew some around to get rid of it today, sticky but still blows it a good 30'.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
From past experience if it plugged the shoot up easier then you think, it may be due to the belt slipping and not being able to spin the paddle fast enough to eject the snow through the chute. May want to check belt tensioner or even replace it. Any oil or grease on the belt and tensioner or wheels may cause this as well.
This happened to me. I sprayed the blower chute with Teflon to make it throw further - bad idea. It made the belt slip horribly. Derp! Took me a while to figure out it was the belt slipping.

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
well i finally made a decision and brought home the new mower. it came down to what was available, price point/ promotion and great customer service. picked up an ariens apex 52 from s & s landscaping in fargo. now just need the remaining snow to melt so yard can dry out and the spring clean up can start.

ariens.jpg

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I agree, looks a lot like a gravely which I've owned a few of and am currently running. Nice Machines, enjoy!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a question..........why do they put a beer holder on a zero turn with levers? Can you let go of the one to grab your beer and the mower either not stop or go in circles? ...boozer...

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
On my cubbie when gong in a straight line the handles are almost touching so you can grab both with one hand as long as you are still gong straight. LB

Our Woods mower were the same way with the handles.
I still had a heck of a time trying to steer it straight and to continue mowing. Usually ended up stopping and taking a few gulps and then continue mowing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74