Buying gold and silver.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buying online kinda wigs me out for some reason.
So far I’ve never had an issue with something going wrong on the shipping side. Monument metals is the quickest shipper IMO. these guys buy huge volume and can pass along savings and will not have their reputation goofed up by selling phony metals
fun to have a box with silver show up. Bigger purchases over 500 usually require a signature from most online dealers

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder, just how much silver, gold, or other precious metals are held in private hands awaiting the apocalypse?

I have some silver, but it's all been won as a prize in a charitable gaming endeavor. I sought them to reassure my kids when they were young that we were ready to kill a werewolf, if one were to show up unannounced. Most of what I have are in the form of a 45 ACP round of ammo. To me it's mostly just a novelty.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Werewolves aside, I think lead would do me just fine in an apocalypse. Should get my family what we need just as well or better than silver.
The reason to do both.I don’t look at it as an investment but preservation. Pre-apocalypse of coarse

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder, just how much silver, gold, or other precious metals are held in private hands awaiting the apocalypse?

I have some silver, but it's all been won as a prize in a charitable gaming endeavor. I sought them to reassure my kids when they were young that we were ready to kill a werewolf, if one were to show up unannounced. Most of what I have are in the form of a 45 ACP round of ammo. To me it's mostly just a novelty.
Those silver bullets are cool as shit. bring a premium if you sell

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
The retailers and MInt went crazy on pricing when the pandemic hit. I see now you can buy both gold and silver at a little over market , Maybe Costco getting into it made a difference who knows . I realize everyone needs to make a profit but it was out of control the last 4 years

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gold price was up to $2,200 or so ounce about couple weeks ago still hanging on, don't need money yet bought alot 35 years ago for $350 to $450. Bought alot silver too was like $8 to $10 ounce it just does not grow as fast think like $25 now not really impressed.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gold price was up to $2,200 or so ounce about couple weeks ago still hanging on, don't need money yet bought alot 35 years ago for $350 to $450. Bought alot silver too was like $8 to $10 ounce it just does not grow as fast think like $25 now not really impressed.
Ill buy the silver you are unimpressed with! Ill give you 18 bucks an ounce.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The vast majority of analysts, traders and bankers are bullish. That may be a yellow warning light. A few expect bullion to rise to $2,500 an ounce. They cite favourable financial conditions. The Swiss National Bank is the first major central bank to cut interest rates. The US Federal Reserve Board and other central banks are forecast to follow. It’s an election year. Wars are dragging on.

After touching $2221 an ounce, a few days ago, gold slipped to $2160. But on Thursday March 28 it soared to an all time peak $2234. This is a decisive break. To sustain the upward trend gold should remain above $2200.

The flags in the bull ring are flapping northwards. Those who know why aren’t telling.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
2011 I bought an oz of gold for $1,800 and gave it to my dad for money I owed him. After my father and then my mother’s passing I bought it back for $1,200 in 2017, today it’s worth $2,200. Today $2,200 doesn‘t buy half of what $1,800 did in 2011, Saying gold keeps up with inflation is bs.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they ever figure out how to get to the gold in the center of the planet, it should end up cheap as lead... Of course who knows if their predictions are accurate, but best guesses say there is A LOT of gold in the earth!

"It's difficult to determine the exact amount of gold in the Earth's core, as it's not directly observable. However, scientists estimate that the Earth's core contains approximately 1.6 quadrillion tons of gold. "

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 6
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 2