Buying gold and silver.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn I’d be nervous of getting a fake on eBay. Even if I did my research. If the local guy sold me a fake at least I could go in there and threaten his life. Lol
If they have a good thing going with lots of sales and 100% positive feedback, they typically don’t want to F that up. The stuff I got was/is legit.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn I’d be nervous of getting a fake on eBay. Even if I did my research. If the local guy sold me a fake at least I could go in there and threaten his life.
I've bought a lot of coins on E-bay, but not for a few years. Sold some of the gold ones in the mall in Biz (Can't remember the name) and they too warned me that they could be fake. They tested them somehow and bought them from me though.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever order from this company/webpage? It seems way too good to be true.

https://www.coinagefield.com/products/50-off-american-eagle?sku=18062240562402526583321690
Never heard of those guys. Stick with the big bullion sellers. Monument metals. Bullion exchanges. SD Bullion. Hero bullion. I have bought from all of these guys. Better yet go to your local coin store if you have one and see what they got
https://monumentmetals.com/2023-american -silver-eagle.html
https://bullionexchanges.com/buy-si...ican-silver-eagles/2023-silver-american-eagle
https://sdbullion.com/silver/us-mint-american-silver-eagle-coins/silver-american-eagles-1-ounce
https://www.herobullion.com/2023-1-oz-american-silver-eagle-coin/

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
It seems you will get better prices from you local guys. The guys in Bismarck are always cheaper then what I can find online

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
It seems you will get better prices from you local guys. The guys in Bismarck are always cheaper then what I can find online
Fargo will always beat bismarck prices for sure too. Only time to buy online is when premiums are already low and there a smoking sale on a certain coin or round

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever order from this company/webpage? It seems way too good to be true.

https://www.coinagefield.com/products/50-off-american-eagle?sku=18062240562402526583321690

Just a quick update, if you click on the above link it has a line where it says "Only 30 left in stock". Which is just a sales trick because you can come back in an hour, or a day later and that number may be larger. Anyone selling at 10% below spot price would have run out of coins by now, so my opinion is that my original link is just a scam.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a quick update, if you click on the above link it has a line where it says "Only 30 left in stock". Which is just a sales trick because you can come back in an hour, or a day later and that number may be larger. Anyone selling at 10% below spot price would have run out of coins by now, so my opinion is that my original link is just a scam.
Agreed 100%. I saw something like that years ago. And thought what the hell I’ll buy one and see if it’s fake. It was. They did a great job on the counterfeit though. It passed the rare earth magnet test but when I weighed it it was just under what a troy ounce is, which is 31.103 grams. to compare I weighed several real silver eagles. They all weigh the minimum and some weigh a little bit more but never under. If a person has a bunch of coins, a ping tester should be required. I just use a Bic pen and balance it on my finger and give it a whack. The sound difference between real silver and fake shit is very evident but they do make an app for that you can use on your phone to gauge the ring after the whack

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buying online kinda wigs me out for some reason.
So far I’ve never had an issue with something going wrong on the shipping side. Monument metals is the quickest shipper IMO. these guys buy huge volume and can pass along savings and will not have their reputation goofed up by selling phony metals
fun to have a box with silver show up. Bigger purchases over 500 usually require a signature from most online dealers

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder, just how much silver, gold, or other precious metals are held in private hands awaiting the apocalypse?

I have some silver, but it's all been won as a prize in a charitable gaming endeavor. I sought them to reassure my kids when they were young that we were ready to kill a werewolf, if one were to show up unannounced. Most of what I have are in the form of a 45 ACP round of ammo. To me it's mostly just a novelty.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Werewolves aside, I think lead would do me just fine in an apocalypse. Should get my family what we need just as well or better than silver.
The reason to do both.I don’t look at it as an investment but preservation. Pre-apocalypse of coarse

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder, just how much silver, gold, or other precious metals are held in private hands awaiting the apocalypse?

I have some silver, but it's all been won as a prize in a charitable gaming endeavor. I sought them to reassure my kids when they were young that we were ready to kill a werewolf, if one were to show up unannounced. Most of what I have are in the form of a 45 ACP round of ammo. To me it's mostly just a novelty.
Those silver bullets are cool as shit. bring a premium if you sell

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88