Anterior ankle pain

Kasey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had plantar fasciitis for a couple years now. I am 68 and have been in construction all my life, so lots of overuse of body. Lots of standing on concrete for hours at a time. I still am working part time, approximately 4 hours per day, so healing is slower because of this. I need to keep working to pay bills and I like having something to do. Presently I have it under control and it seems to be getting better slowly. Heres my advice. If its holding you back and not improving go see a foot doctor. He may recommend a cortisone shot and custom orthotics. You can decide on the cortisone shot. It worked for me in one heel but not the other. I definitely like the custom orthotics so much that I got two pair. One for outside shoes and one for inside. Like someone already mentioned, Hoka gaviata shoes worked great. Doctor recomended Naproxen 220 mg twice per day. I am now down to one in morning. Rest more and walk less until better. Always get off your feet when they start to flair or you will make it worse.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been wearing orthotics for a very long time. Your feet are the source of other problems.

I am now wearing Hoka shoes. Lots of support. My foot doctor highly recommended them. He said you can wear cheap jeans etc. But sturdy shoes are a must. $$$$

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there a quality shoe/boot that can be worn at work, I wear steel toe boots that are over kill majority of my job unless I'm setting up and tearing the plant when we move to a different location.
Remember when Dr scholl's had that machine in Walmart that you stepped on barefooted and you rolled your feet so the computer could take measurements of your feet, then the machine told you which type of insole was right for you. I found out that day that I needed arch support for my shoes, so @Fester I wear a 10 size shoe normal what insole should I try?

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had plantar fascitis really bad. Orthotics helped and PT cured me. I still do a few of those stretches daily. They are mostly calf stretches. The orthotics then caused an ankle issue. I went back to the pediatrist and he trimmed and added some padding on my right foot. The ankle pain disappeared a week or so later.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Go to the Sanford Health Accessories store on 32nd ave and get some insoles. The Dr told me to go there instead of getting custom molded insoles. With in a month it was gone.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plantar fasciitis sucks. I have a couple golf balls under my desk at work, if I start to feel pain in my heels, I just roll my feet on those a few times a day. Seems to help keep it in check. Getting decent insoles in your shoes will help with it too, lotta OTC ones work well, if I had more issues i'd get custom ones but only seems to pop up a few times a year- usually after wearing flip flops for too long...

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is there a quality shoe/boot that can be worn at work, I wear steel toe boots that are over kill majority of my job unless I'm setting up and tearing the plant when we move to a different location.
Remember when Dr scholl's had that machine in Walmart that you stepped on barefooted and you rolled your feet so the computer could take measurements of your feet, then the machine told you which type of insole was right for you. I found out that day that I needed arch support for my shoes, so @Fester I wear a 10 size shoe normal what insole should I try?
In my work boots I wear the black ones. I believe they are the active with met pad for the sole brand. I do NOT heat them up, I just trim the front to fit my boots(use old insoles to trim as template) and stick them in. The bottom of the sole are what I believe is a hard plastic so there is a ton of support. If it was to much I would think a guy could do the heat method and form more to your foot. They way they arrive from the factory works for me. I am also a size 10 and wear red wing work boot with steel toe. I believe the ones I get run right around $300(not sure if there is a model?) I take out the insole from Redwing and throw these in and have not had an issue since. Another option is super feet which in my opinion doesn't offer as much support nor are they as heavy duty. Both of these were recommended by in my opinion a very very good podiatrist/orthopedic surgeon. He gave me these options instead of expensive orthotics. Said to try these ..see if the work and if they don't can try custom ones. They have solved the problem for me.
To add I did try the Walmart dr. Scholls and it did nothing for me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88