big 3 drawing

wsphead

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drew a cow moose in M9. Anyone wants one off their land let me know!

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nada for me. However, that doesn't mean I couldn't have some fun with it. Took the moose email I got, removed the "NOT" from "Your application was NOT drawn" and the "un" from "Result: Unsuccessful", and forwarded it to a friend. He took the bait hook line and sinker....I guess my excitement level wasn't high enough to keep it going very long. I know, I'm a D-bag but I couldn't resist.

Congrats to those who drew!

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
i won;
And the prize is :
12 points in muzzle,
6 points in mule deer.
Being soon to be 75 i to will not be able to walk if i ever get an elk or moose tag, but by age 100 i am sure i have enough friends if i get the tag to harvest the beast. If not i am sure i will get one after i part this world.

(trust me, i am sure i will get g&f to issue an additional 300-400 tags for elk this winter in the turtle mountain, if not then next year they will take a group of five under the guildance of a mentor and enable one of the five to shoot one, unless they use sharp shooters to thin the herd first). db

- - - Updated - - -

Have to feed the needed. Landowners for those who want us and for those who do not , we will come one day.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cow elk E1E!!!!
Very tough hunt I know 4 people that had that tag last year . 1 got a elk . All hunted hard . A bull is much much easier to kill up there than a cow

- - - Updated - - -

i won;
And the prize is :
12 points in muzzle,
6 points in mule deer.
Being soon to be 75 i to will not be able to walk if i ever get an elk or moose tag, but by age 100 i am sure i have enough friends if i get the tag to harvest the beast. If not i am sure i will get one after i part this world.

(trust me, i am sure i will get g&f to issue an additional 300-400 tags for elk this winter in the turtle mountain, if not then next year they will take a group of five under the guildance of a mentor and enable one of the five to shoot one, unless they use sharp shooters to thin the herd first). db

- - - Updated - - -

Have to feed the needed. Landowners for those who want us and for those who do not , we will come one day.
Apply for cow tags . Much easier to draw . As for muzzleloader deer , I know a guy with 15 points . Hope u draw one this year . Good luck

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
At my age my son takes care of all this stuff for me. Why one has babies.

Just told me those points i seen were last years points, has not even applied for me yet on deer or muzzle.
So that was my last years winnings and i am still in the hunt for muzzle and mule deer this year.

Had five kids but maybe needed more with one staying at home to take care of me and ma. Hell to get old but it is good.
Thanks bandcounting for the luck.
Youngest daughter came home and i do not even recognize my computer, all kinds of new things on it. db-2

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody ever butcher their own moose or too warm time of the season w/O adequate cooling and freezing space?

benjamins

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife drew an m10 cow moose tag....and her scheduled c section date is October 23rd... no idea how this is going to work. Hopefully we can get on one close to a road I guess??

Founding Member
Founding Member
Moose tag luck in our family has struck yet again!
Bull tags three out of the last 4 years, this year after almost 50 years of applying mom finally drew something!
It was cool to call her yesterday from the boat out here on Erie, got it all on video. She was pretty darn excited to say the least!
20210412_152146.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody ever butcher their own moose or too warm time of the season w/O adequate cooling and freezing space?

I shot a moose in early Sept in Alberta. It got into the 70's that day. We were able to use an ATV to recover him whole. It took 90-120Min from death until we got him back to camp and had the hide off. Then we broke him down into quarters/straps. I didn't take any ribs and very little neck meat. From time of death to broken down was ~5-6hrs. We hauled a freezer/generator on a snowmobile trailer to get our moose home (~1500Mi one-way drive).

Once home I took a couple of days getting the cuts I wanted clean of silver-skin and vac sealed then took the trim in for grinding/blending. Prime Cuts in Fargo will do "bacon burgers" 10# of venison/3# of ends and pieces bacon packed into ~1.5# tubes.

I want the hide off, meat CLEAN and the animal broken down into quarters ASAP. Once that's done, assuming I have someplace I can keep the meat cool and out of the bugs/sun, I feel like I can relax and take 2-3 days getting things done the way I want them.

If you have a place to keep the meat cool and dry, I'd think nothing of letting it hang/cool from Sunday eve until the following Friday after work. Dryer the better. I'd sooner hang it @ 60 degrees dry rather than a 35 degree cooler full of ice and "wet".

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve cut up and packed out many elk in the scorching September heat in Montana. We hang quarters in the shade until the next day no problem. Skin off of course.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife drew an m10 cow moose tag....and her scheduled c section date is October 23rd... no idea how this is going to work. Hopefully we can get on one close to a road I guess??

I suspect it'll be a total non-issue unless she gets put on complete bedrest. Do some scouting ahead of time and she probably won't have a very long stalk.

benjamins

Founding Member
Founding Member
guywhofishes,
Unfortunately we put that application in before we found out she was pregnant. Definitely not ideal.

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect it'll be a total non-issue unless she gets put on complete bedrest. Do some scouting ahead of time and she probably won't have a very long stalk.

I guess that gives me a little hope. I guess if anyone can get permission to get on land for a moose you'd think it would be a 8 month pregnant lady!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88