Big Muddy

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, because when the news and conversations about a tourney are going on, I've not once ever heard "they caught 37.4 lbs of fish with a 14.2 lb eye being the biggest".

The reason there's pushback on this is because it's a frigging lie. The winning weight was something below 34 lb, the biggest fish was nowhere near 14 lbs, etc. Pardon us for not taking kindly to being lied to. It's just that simple, kinda like taring a scale.

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seriously people complain about the weight of the basket?? The only people it offends are the people not fishing the tourney.. I think they weigh the basket just to get a rise out of the arm chair fishermen!!! Great run tournament again and thanks to the VOLUNTEERS who help put this together.

Maybe all the haters should VOLUNTEER and run a tournament at Crown Butte Dam, Mitchell Lake, OR Jake's lake?? Just think you wouldn't need a scale. You could wake up early brush the Cheeto dust off your shirt, take a negativity pill, grab your case of Hamm's and bam your there by 5:00 a.m. to launch the boats!!

I would love to volunteer my time for FREE to help this group make a pile of money for the Broken Oar and whoever else pads their pockets on this tournament so the buddy system tournament can exist...

Where do I sign up??? Sounds awesome!

By the way... let's see the payouts!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm no math whiz, but I can subtract 2.5 lbs from a total. The basket is an arbitrary number to me. If its the same one for every team, then that's good enough for me. Regardless if we weighed 30 or 27 lbs, we would have been in the same place. SO, I don't care whether or not they tare the scale. Hell, imagine the conversations if they forgot to tare the scale for a local team to give them an advantage.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scons and Sotas hear those big weights --- you will start seeing white and blue license plates !!!!!

We ran a local bass tourney --like 20 years ago -- we used bags that the water ran out of -- our issue was finding a decent scale -- not taring --- we finally had club guys going to the tourneys and we used their scale. I am not saying it was spot on -- but it was close; and you could weigh the same bag again at the end and it read the same weight so no issue with comparing. With todays prices and technology no reason for a weigh cage.

Bad enough the fish had to be in a dog kennel for a day then a live well and then to be put in a cage to weigh -- WTH :;:stirthepot

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think some of you would complain if your beer was too cold.

methinks you’re incapable of an independent mind in this crucial debate because you’re drunk on tourney winner’s milk

in matters this important to the community you should do the right thing and recuse yourself

- - - Updated - - -

What weight will it take to win? Are you fishing it?

How many boats can fit in the Heart ;)

plz define in any future contests whether the guess should be the tared (true) weight, or goofball weighting system

- - - Updated - - -

also, I wondering at this point if we really put a guy on the moon

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
methinks you’re incapable of an independent mind in this crucial debate because you’re drunk on tourney winner’s milk

in matters this important to the community you should do the right thing and recuse yourself

- - - Updated - - -

plz define in any future contests whether the guess should be the tared (true) weight, or goofball weighting system

- - - Updated - - -

also, I wondering at this point if we really put a guy on the moon

I guess I just don't see the big deal with it. Everyone likes to be upset about everything these days.

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't you have to show up at like 11 o'clock to sign up for this the day the tourney sign up is? And isn't there something like 50 spots left after the bar regulars sign up in the weeks ahead of time? At least a lot of big fish get killed and the Oar sells tons of drinks....This is an appendage measuring contest of a tourney if I ever seen one.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, thank God SD has slot limits so ND can keep pumping out big fish for these kill tournaments.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't you have to show up at like 11 o'clock to sign up for this the day the tourney sign up is? And isn't there something like 50 spots left after the bar regulars sign up in the weeks ahead of time? At least a lot of big fish get killed and the Oar sells tons of drinks....This is an appendage measuring contest of a tourney if I ever seen one.

why are you so interested in measuring cocks?

pluggin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had multiple people call me all crazy about all the big fish caught at the big muddy. Crazy as in excited/surprised at all the huge fish. I let them know it was with the basket which settles them down some. Also I have seen guides and lodges sharing the leaderboard weights and promoting their businesses and Lake Oahe. With basket or not those are some very nice fish. If it is for promoting their tourney or Oahe I guess to each their own. I would prefer the basket to be tared but no skin off my back either way.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
How much does the basket weigh? Like 6 lbs?

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind I went back and looked. 3 lbs.

thats dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind I went back and looked. 3 lbs.

thats dumb.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
I was told on stage by "The Weigh Master" when he was weighing our BIG fish that the big fish basket was 2 pounds. I also heard that the big buck contest winner from Sidelines last year was Baited with Antler enhancer:;:stirthepot

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33