Big Muddy

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scons and Sotas hear those big weights --- you will start seeing white and blue license plates !!!!!

We ran a local bass tourney --like 20 years ago -- we used bags that the water ran out of -- our issue was finding a decent scale -- not taring --- we finally had club guys going to the tourneys and we used their scale. I am not saying it was spot on -- but it was close; and you could weigh the same bag again at the end and it read the same weight so no issue with comparing. With todays prices and technology no reason for a weigh cage.

Bad enough the fish had to be in a dog kennel for a day then a live well and then to be put in a cage to weigh -- WTH :;:stirthepot
There were a doz blue plates at fox the last time I went by there.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me make your heads really explode, and I apologize in advance for the humble brag. Last year when I caught the biggest fish I was given a really nice plaque with the fish weight on it. I was given the choice of either the scale weight or the tare weight on the plaque. Incredibly difficult decision but I'm confident I made the right one.

dragoneyes

Honored Member
Seems to me there is plenty of walleyes in the system whether your a tourney angler or recreation fisherman we all have one thing in common catching a fish and enjoying the outdoors with family and friends. Regarding keeping big fish i do believe everyone does it whether to have a trophy mount or just to share a meal with family or friends or to someone that is down on there luck. Have not fished the BM IN 2 years and have no plans in the future but had some good memories and after weigh in alway donated our catch either to the nursing home or some elderly person. Lets enjoy the time we have on the water because life is to short.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to invent a panfish tournament with a 8lb basket that will NOT be tared! Which lake do we want to ruin with all the people that will flock to it after seeing the weights of my tournament?? You’re all a bunch of gays.....haha

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was told on stage by "The Weigh Master" when he was weighing our BIG fish that the big fish basket was 2 pounds. I also heard that the big buck contest winner from Sidelines last year was Baited with Antler enhancer:;:stirthepot

Actually, the Big Muddy's weighing system would be like Sidelines bar measuring the big bucks with a tape measure that starts at 2"...

Everyone's 150" buck would now be 180's... sounds awesome!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88