DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
459DDD20-D361-40BC-A584-A81A76DE521E.jpg
Team 98 checking in.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I promise you that i'll come past you wide open and if you're fishing close to the channel that's just what you get. I'll be as far away from you as possible but sometimes that isn't very far depending on where you're at. If you complain the next time by I'll slow way down and plow to see how much you like that. It's just a part of river fishing in my opinion.

Cool. If I see you coming, I'll cast out a big heavy bobber or something similar across the main channel with 100 pound braid and then cut my line before you run across it. Have fun cleaning it out of your prop.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put in at Fox on the morning of the tourney only to be surprised there were no tourney boats fishing the community holes around Fox. Then I fished for an hour without a single bite. Went back up to my little salmon catching spot and after about 20 minutes I landed a 29" eye. Took a quick pic of it and let her go. About four or five casts later I caught a 27" eye. Damn! Then things really shut down on me and I didn't catch another fish for a couple hours before I found some dinks, ended that afternoon around 3:00 with a grand total of four fish in the well out of 11 total eyes caught that day.

I heard through a friend in the tourney that a number of successful boats were using creek chubs. I've never used them before, but man do I miss using suckers.

Am I correct in thinking that the better weights came up north of town?

Went back Sunday, fished for two hours without a bite...went home. This has been a weird spring bite for me thus far.

Last edited:

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Were the weights/numbers an average year? below-average? above-average?

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard through a friend in the tourney that a number of successful boats were using creek chubs. I've never used them before, but man do I miss using suckers.

We have a creek by our house that eventually feeds into a main river. Told my wife we really need to sein that one of these years because if theres creek chubs in there we hit gold. The above comment is why... theyre really a difference maker AND are not cheap

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard from a friend's uncle's brother that the top teams snagged all of their fish...#$%^&>

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
were all those big fish including the basket then? and what was the basket weight this year?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
were all those big fish including the basket then? and what was the basket weight this year?
According to their facebook page the basket was around 3 pounds. I assume that is also included in the big fish weight.

Maybe DM can confirm if their big fish was actually 10.44, or if it was 7.44 plus basket.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to their facebook page the basket was around 3 pounds. I assume that is also included in the big fish weight.

Maybe DM can confirm if their big fish was actually 10.44, or if it was 7.44 plus basket.

our big fish was a 27 inch fish. We figured 8 lbs so id say a 3-ish pound basket sounds right

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is being scale illiterate a requirement for running the weigh-ins at a tournament?

Seriously, what are they using that they can't tare out the weight of the basket?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33