Big Muddy

Sparky2_1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have turned people in and on not afraid to do it. Also turned people into the tournament officials. Might as well piss into a 40 mph wind. Does the same thing they don't care. If I was running whoever got turned in would be DQ'd from that days tournament and the next 3 years. I will have my grand daughter with. She will be fishing and I will be video taping. It's called evidence. My go pro will be on.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
37.6 lbs not in but if boats come flying in like they always do while other people not in the tournament are fishing 2 things will happen but led weight will be casted out and the game and fish will be called and I will press charges. I almost got thrown out of my boat last year. I know not all of them are like that but most are. Throttle that boat down when passing thru or coming into the fishing spot. No ones life is worth a tournament fish.

Much larger wake at lower speeds. That being said, people need to be considerate in whatever manner is best or safest given the space available and surroundings.

Honored Member
I have turned people in and on not afraid to do it. Also turned people into the tournament officials. Might as well piss into a 40 mph wind. Does the same thing they don't care. If I was running whoever got turned in would be DQ'd from that days tournament and the next 3 years. I will have my grand daughter with. She will be fishing and I will be video taping. It's called evidence. My go pro will be on.

I think anyone over the age of 55 should only be allowed to fish Tuesday through Thursday so that they dont have to deal with the idiots on the weekends :)

iceeyes

Fishing spots that are along the main channel is your choice to fish there or not. If you do get used to boat flying 10-20 over yards from you. As stated above it's way better to fly by rather than slow down and power wake by people. Guessing 33.4lbs to win it 26+ for top 10.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is it that you are turning them in for? Slowing down too fast?

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is it that you are turning them in for? Slowing down too fast?

Direct from the ND Boating Regs:

No person may operate a motorboat or vessel within 100 feet of a person fishing from a shoreline, swimmer, swimming/ diving raft, or an occupied, anchored or nonmotorized vessel, or within 250 feet of a reduced speed or slow or no-wake sign at greater than slow or no-wake speed.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow, tough to follow that on the Missouri with sand bars, channels, etc!

or the chutes when the rodeo is on - ha ha

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
buzz.jpg

dbllung

Founding Member
Founding Member
Much larger wake at lower speeds. That being said, people need to be considerate in whatever manner is best or safest given the space available and surroundings.
Not at idle speed.....

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not at idle speed.....[/QUOTE

You are correct; up to approx. 6.5 mph little to no wake. Above that you can generally put on a Ski Natique Show. Wide open barely throws any wake and I would even be so bold as to state it is similar to idle.

I have no horse in the race. Not fishing it and will have my boat on the water elsewhere.

pitchnjigs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sparky2_1 good idea to take your grand daughter out fishing if you think it's unsafe. Sounds to me your not fishing your video taping. Your grand daughter will think your nuts not fishing when your supposed to be fishing? Just relax, enjoy the day and wet a line. It sure would be nice to get your grand daughter on some fish. Hit me up Sunday morning and I can give you a couple quality spots to fish with your grand daughter. take care and keep your batteries charged!!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
this has the potential to turn into nda gold. Please post the videos for a full review kinda like we did with the state record walleye. Hammer down boys

- - - Updated - - -

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO, when the payout hit 10K for this tournament it turned into a shit show. Used to fish in it from time to time because it was locals and families out to compete for bragging rights. Everyone knew the river and it was fun.

Now it has turned the river into a 2-week shit show with guys from out of State who think they are pros and act like assholes......until they hit a sandbar at 40+ mph...then they want to be best friends. Blow-me.

pitchnjigs

Founding Member
Founding Member
ndwalleyes name 1 team from out of sate? The field is filled with river rats that would pull you off a sandbar if you hit one. We enjoy the competition even knowing we all don't receive participation ribbons..

Dad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was in town big muddy weekend few years back. We got out before tourney started, and started getting a few. Tourney guy crowded us bad, said “can’t see we are in a tournament”. Friend hooked nice one right at that time that went 5lbs. Looked at the guy and said “ guess you wish you had that one”. He looked over at me just pissed and turned his boat away from us....he was fishing two rods on bow, sets one down and I see the tip move and over the side it went. I giggle so hard they packed up and left!

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've participated in this tournament many, many years ago. Was fun. Biggest problem was either the weather or the corps water releases or both. But I've moved on and if I want to go fishing when my home water will be full of tourney boats, I'd find another place to fish. Or wait until the following week. Those tournament fishermen spent the good part of two weeks out there pounding the water to a froth and will be tired of fishing (mosly) for a while. Wait until Monday!! or Tuesday!!

WE pulled into a fishing spot one morning early, many years ago and set up somewhat close to another fisherman. It was our number one spot. Was surprised when that angler asked if we were fishing a tournament. I said yes and he politely picked up and moved on and wished us good luck. It was just a small work tournament but I have nothing but respect for that angler. I know him by name and he knows me, Thanks Daryl. You are THE man. We needed a 10th walleye to take first that day, but if Daryl would have stayed there, we wouldn't have faired as well. He's a stud fisherman and a courteous one at that. Thanks for the good memories Daryl B.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88