Big Muddy

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not at idle speed.....[/QUOTE

You are correct; up to approx. 6.5 mph little to no wake. Above that you can generally put on a Ski Natique Show. Wide open barely throws any wake and I would even be so bold as to state it is similar to idle.

I have no horse in the race. Not fishing it and will have my boat on the water elsewhere.

Yep. Keep the hammer down. Way less wake.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
SDMF what is your opinion on tourney fishing? I myself am thinking about taking out a 15 year loan to buy a $100000 boat with a 400hp motor. That way I can look the best, and win the tourney, and win the race! Anyone in my way will have to move because I will have the largest and fastest water chariot ever. Any boats that are in my pre-fishing spots shall parlay to my greatness.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
SDMF what is your opinion on tourney fishing? I myself am thinking about taking out a 15 year loan to buy a $100000 boat with a 400hp motor. That way I can look the best, and win the tourney, and win the race! Anyone in my way will have to move because I will have the largest and fastest water chariot ever. Any boats that are in my pre-fishing spots shall parlay to my greatness.
That’s a waste. You only need a 350.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Direct from the ND Boating Regs:

No person may operate a motorboat or vessel within 100 feet of a person fishing from a shoreline, swimmer, swimming/ diving raft, or an occupied, anchored or nonmotorized vessel, or within 250 feet of a reduced speed or slow or no-wake sign at greater than slow or no-wake speed.

People always reference this however it's geared for lake operation and even fish and game knows it which is why every year when people start complaining about tournament guys on the river it never goes anywhere. I promise you that i'll come past you wide open and if you're fishing close to the channel that's just what you get. I'll be as far away from you as possible but sometimes that isn't very far depending on where you're at. If you complain the next time by I'll slow way down and plow to see how much you like that. It's just a part of river fishing in my opinion.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member

Get a 20 year note so you have more monthly financial wiggle room to pay for gas.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator

Some want a 4000 sq ft home. Some want that new $60,000 pickup. Some want a nice new camper. Some want a new boat. Some want money stuffed into their mattress. etc. etc. etc.

To each their own.

Honored Member

What is my status since I own a $26,000 sparkly and like to run tournaments????

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some want a 4000 sq ft home. Some want that new $60,000 pickup. Some want a nice new camper. Some want a new boat. Some want money stuffed into their mattress. etc. etc. etc.

To each their own.

isn't that the dam truth. pretty easy to throw stones.. cant tell you how many comments I hear/ get about owning a sparkly boat which isn't even sparkly by the way but then you look and they own 400K houses, beautifully landscaped yards etc etc

im just lucky my wife and I would rather spend our money on hunting and fishing and taking new adventures than crown molding, pillars and landscaped yards.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have turned people in and on not afraid to do it. Also turned people into the tournament officials. Might as well piss into a 40 mph wind. Does the same thing they don't care. If I was running whoever got turned in would be DQ'd from that days tournament and the next 3 years. I will have my grand daughter with. She will be fishing and I will be video taping. It's called evidence. My go pro will be on.
You should just drive around and mark all the tournament boat spots if you want to get back at the tourney fisherman. They would love that!

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
People always reference this however it's geared for lake operation and even fish and game knows it which is why every year when people start complaining about tournament guys on the river it never goes anywhere. I promise you that i'll come past you wide open and if you're fishing close to the channel that's just what you get. I'll be as far away from you as possible but sometimes that isn't very far depending on where you're at. If you complain the next time by I'll slow way down and plow to see how much you like that. It's just a part of river fishing in my opinion.
Just quoting the law as it’s written. If you want to haul your boat all the way out here and try to run it on the Mo below Holter where I fish feel free. I’ll bring the beers

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just quoting the law as it’s written. If you want to haul your boat all the way out here and try to run it on the Mo below Holter where I fish feel free. I’ll bring the beers

That wasn't geared towards you but I quoted you since you posted what the law says. BTW I grew up in Stevensville, Montana and spent plenty of time fishing the Helena area so I know there are some places wide open isn't an option.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
That wasn't geared towards you but I quoted you since you posted what the law says. BTW I grew up in Stevensville, Montana and spent plenty of time fishing the Helena area so I know there are some places wide open isn't an option.
No seriously. I want to fish and drink in your boat. That wasn’t a critique of your post. I’ll bring the Oly

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like 37.12 won it, damn good guess dakotaeye29! Sierra1995 guessed 37.24, darn good guesses!

FB_IMG_1557016163821.jpg

FB_IMG_1557009161349.jpg
IMG_20190504_173435.jpg I

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many pounds did the basket weigh this year sluggo?
3? 4?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 196
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93