Boat mechanic in Bismarck

Tiller man

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need some help on who I should have get my outboard tuned up for open water. Toy Box, Jeff's outboards or any others u would trust. Any feedback would be great help! Thanks!

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have nothing bad to day about Jeff's, but I go to Toy box. Keith has always done right by me and it's nice to be able to talk to the guy who works on your boat.

dragoneyes

Honored Member
Russ at Boat Works in Mandan ND. owner and mechanic very reliable and honest. Hell you can even visit with him about your concerns, very knowledgeable he is the only one that going work on my investment. His business is online.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree Russ is experienced and as honest a person you will ever find.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Russ at Boat Works in Mandan out near Cloverdale.

You will know why when you chat with him on your concerns.

dodgeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mild to wild been good to me. Had some work done on my prop shaft and skag and did good work.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Russ From Boat Works, I have been to other shops and will always go to Russ, he hates it when he has boats in the yard and works countless hours to get them back on the water. A great guy,
What am I saying here if I refer people I will never get in if I have a repair

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Russ has always been highly recommended; I haven't had much boat work done in a few years but back when I tried I had a really hard time getting ahold of him.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was definitely April or later but no worries. I've used River City for minor things like water pumps, carb jobs, lower unit seals and haven't had any issues. Definitely not cheap but don't think any of them are.

ifish4iz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Russ has been back for awhile. Have already had him do some work on my boat. He is the only one that I take my boats and pontoon to any more. Nothing negative to say about the others, just know that Russ is honest, fair and timely.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another excellent mechanic is Jon Degner at River City. Had trouble 5 years ago with Optimax. Mercury factory was stumped and suggested replacing a fuel pump that was just installed. Jon tested the pump and did not believe it was bad. He was correct. He found a problem beyond the pump. Not a fuel problem since. He is good with Mercury's!

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've used Jeff's Outboards in Bismarck and had great service. Would definitely go back again!

Fish On!

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
Superior Marine and Powersports, Brandon Zachmeier does an excellent job. Located north Mandan.

Tiller man

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for all the feedback! was able to get the boat into Russ at boat works today. Stand up guys took to time to explain everything he did and why he did it! was in and out in less than 5 hrs! Very happy! Would recommend him to anybody!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33