Gutters

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Needing some seamless gutters on an addition I'm doing in Bismarck. Have used a couple outfits over the years but just wondering if there are any recommendations out there.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I put some on last year. Called 4 different local outfits in Bismarck. Only one called back. Clooten. I was happy with them. Singh did call back about 3 weeks after Clooten finished the job.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm doing my own this year. Facia boards and gutters. All straight, no corners.

Talk me out of it.

Any tips welcomed.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good sealant (caulking) on the very few joint you'll have, can save you much money!!

The term "seamless" is a joke!

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ABC Steel seamless 5" never look back, any hail and bad rain handles it great. Not junky 4" aluminum that leak at all the joints and they are caulked.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put some on last year. Called 4 different local outfits in Bismarck. Only one called back. Clooten. I was happy with them. Singh did call back about 3 weeks after Clooten finished the job.
Thanks. I and others I know have used them before and seem ok. Just was wondering if there was a shining star worth an estimate out there.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did my own as well,seems trade businesses have issues finding competent installers,in my area the company's ive delt with cherry pick the easy jobs then stick ya in labor cost.
Concrete work the same

Goodluck,good friend,contractor moved from Northfield Minnesota to near Bismarck, just north of town,he's the supervisor for a builder out there,he'll have quality installer contacts im sure.

PM me if your insterested for contact information.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
PS- don't forget gutters guards to keep the leaves out iffin you have a bunch of trees on your lot,one less thing to worry about come fall...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
PS- don't forget gutters guards to keep the leaves out iffin you have a bunch of trees on your lot,one less thing to worry about come fall...
I looked into them pretty seriously and decided to go with these AmeriMax bad boys from Menards instead. So far so good.

1687277042546.png

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like my party hat back in my drinking days...

I landed on a local outfit called leaf filter,so far so good,no fall ladder work.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some people say "do gutter guards", others say they don't work and things will just grow under them anyway.

I have a ton of debris (elm seeds, leaves, twigs) that end up in my gutters and it seems like a no brainer to put them in. The guards can't be worse than what I'm currently dealing with I wouldn't think.

Anyone else have experience? Add them or no?

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I installed 4’ gutter guards from Mills Fleet Farm 3 years ago. Small debris gets thru but a hard rain washes the gutters out. A top 5 house hack for me, we’ll worth the $ and time installing them.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My gutters are all getting ripped off this fall. Most were damaged from ice dams this last winter and I'm sick of cleaning them and dealing with the ice in the winter.

Would be nice to have a gutter system you could put up in the spring and take off in the fall.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 178
  • This month: 163
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 90