I want to fish this spot

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man this would be fun way to get rid of the scraps while cleaning. Wonder how many years it took him to get them this trained.

https://youtu.be/ZX4PSibPXww?t=9https://youtu.be/ZX4PSibPXww?t=9
https://youtu.be/ZX4PSibPXww?t=9

Last edited:

TheWalleye

Honored Member
That's pretty awesome. I bet it wouldn't take long to "train" the fish on a smaller lake. Few weeks of stopping by ever day should do the trick.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not long at all. I've been to a few places like this. First time for walleye--that's cool.

- - - Updated - - -

This can be started easily with a light and bug-zapper on your dock.

- - - Updated - - -

It's freakn' awesome to see them strike the surface like that. I've caught walleye and channel cat topwater. The cats strike the same way.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
At the place we would go on LOW there was about a 15 lb northern that would sit by the bait tanks and when they would clean out the dead ones, it was right there. Big sign "No Fishing" on the dock and they enforced it. Don't know if it was the same fish, but there was always a clean-up northern every year. Cool Vid!!!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah on my folks dock you could do this all day with bluegills and bass but eyes not so much. Probably has allot to do with this dock being on a steep rocky drop. I'm figuring that the people there always clean their fish on the doc and at some point noticed they had started attracting some dinner guests and it went from there.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
...or a predominance of walleye. I'd say you're correct on the location.

HolePuncher

How any fish do you think a guy needs to catch to feed fish for a 6 min video dang near straight. On the other hand looks like walley scraps with a bit of northern.Must really bring out a good tast when you know them fish are eating what you are.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it's taken at different times since the chop on the water seems to change plus some it is a sunny day we'll others are overcast.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34