Lake Sakakawea lake elevations?????

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm having a hard time finding historical lake elevations for Sakakawea. I know some of you guys would be able to help me with it. Thanks

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Calling for a potential 8' rise? Glory days of Sakakawea are on track imo. I'm excited to see what this year brings.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Calling for a potential 8' rise? Glory days of Sakakawea are on track imo. I'm excited to see what this year brings.

I wouldn't be surprised to see hose projections move even further up, calling for another dumping here this weekend and further west is still getting pounded.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member

Its gonna be good.... for the fish.... Tons of bait + lots of water = lower sucess rates, but fatty fish :) ..

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know the smallies are at an all time record steal my bait level as we speak, so more of them would suck...

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't get enough of Smallies. I'll harass them for you unless they are 8 inch bait stealers then they are all yours

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
are small mouth found throughout the whole lake or just certain areas? I dont believe I have ever caught one. Kinda sounds like fun.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
have caught them from New town all the way to the east end of the lake. Mid portion from Shell Island to Beulah bay is the best. We catch mostly dinks on the far east end

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is also this graph that has all the monthly levels.

Screenshot_20170309-133527.jpg

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
The smallies on the east end are fun as hell. Once you find them it tough to leave the spot, fish almost every cast. I usually find them in the back bays, big shallow flats 3-5 feet pitching jigs with minnows, plastics, worms. Also catch some walleyes doing this since they're up there chasing bait with the smallies. Going to try top-water baits this year. Last year had a decent time with casting lindys with lively minnows. Just make sure you hold on to your rod or its in a rod holder, they will drag it right out of the boat.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The smallies on the east end are fun as hell. Once you find them it tough to leave the spot, fish almost every cast. I usually find them in the back bays, big shallow flats 3-5 feet pitching jigs with minnows, plastics, worms. Also catch some walleyes doing this since they're up there chasing bait with the smallies. Going to try top-water baits this year. Last year had a decent time with casting lindys with lively minnows. Just make sure you hold on to your rod or its in a rod holder, they will drag it right out of the boat.
Top water is tough at Sak because of the damn skipjacks!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33