Look what I found this afternoon!

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walked up to the edge of a creek bank late this afternoon and spotted this guy napping in the weeds about 10 feet from the water. He just laid there nice and quiet about 60 or 70 yards away from me for about 10 minutes while I got my camera out and snapped away. Finally got up and hopped up to the top of the creek bank and stood there giving me the evil eye when I walked closer on the bank. Took him another 10 minutes or so to work his way out of sight around a corner of the creek. Didn't seem worried about me at all. Don't know much about scoring mulies but he looked like a fairly good one. If I'm right I'd say he has pretty good height and length but he looks kind of narrow for width. Any experts out there want to comment?

IMG_1288.JPGIMG_1290.JPGIMG_1292.JPGIMG_1294.JPG

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
that's the last you'll see of him alive. On 3 years you'll find him as roadkill with a 200" rack. Because nature.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great pictures- Thanks for sharing. Looking at those pictures gets the blood pumping.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not very wide or much mass but great pictures!
Definitely a young buck i would guess.

Last edited:

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think he was a fairly young buck as he didn't strike me as big bodied for the size of his rack and his neck wasn't swelled up like some I've seen in the past.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would have to see him at 20 yards in person to really get a good idea of what he is. GPS coordinates please

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
ok forks and eye guards to go along with a neat little kicker, but awful narrow. Another year or two and he might be a dandy.

Neck wasn't swelled as that is a product of the rut which is still a month or more off. Cool pics though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28