Lost Wedding Ring

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, I nearly lost my wedding again this weekend and it got me thinking . . . how many here have lost their wedding ring(s)? Do you guys take it off prior to hunting?

This came about because I shot a doe out in western SD on Friday evening. About an hour after getting back to camp, I noticed that my wedding ring was missing. I searched the truck, but of course it was not in there, so I assumed I lost it either gutting the doe or on the drag back. The next morning I made the journey back into where I had shot the doe, first of course shooting a limit of grouse on the way in ( :) priorities you know). I went to the gut pile, looked in the easy spots, not there. Then I remembered that I had wiped my hands with the nearby grasses, so I figured I should look there before messing with the gut pile. I started lifting some of the grasses and sure enough there sat my wedding ring!! I still can't believe it was just sitting right there, I thought for sure that I had lost it on the drag out. Here's a picture I took with the grouse and wedding ring, it was a good hunt and happy I didn't have to explain losing the ring to my wife!

IMG_2484.jpg

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
mine is in the old ladys jewelry box, lost it once "found", it cut my finger then into the box

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never lost mine (it fits my finger pretty much perfect) but my great uncle lost his deer hunting a few years ago. He was removing his glove for some reason and it was a cold day. Best he can figure is his fingers shrunk a bit from the temperature and the ring just came off with the glove. Snow on the ground meant no finding it. I've always wanted to bring a metal detector to his spot to see if I could dig it out of the leaf litter.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I lost mine once shortly after we got married. I was working in a restaurant and asume it came off while washing my hands. Several six packs and 10yr later I worry more about not being able to get it off then loosing it.

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been tossing around getting mine tattooed on. Unless I chop off my finger It can't fall off

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like my finger so in my line of work it is on my key chain. Every seen a finger with all the meat removed via a wedding ring I have and it ain't happening to me.

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
married 27 years only wore it the 1st week wont even fit now

- - - Updated - - -

holy crap thats nasty ;:;barf;:;barf;:;barf

- - - Updated - - -

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have mine on almost always except at the gym and while hunting or fishing. Then it stays at the house. I've seen too many 4 fingered gentlemen to wear it when working in the garage or anything that may catch it.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm on ring #4. I still only have 5% into my 4 compared to my wife's engagement and wedding ring... actually probably more like 4%.

- - - Updated - - -

Lost one mowing the lawn, lost one gutting a deer and lost one ice fishing. Cold and appendage wear don't mix well. Lawn mowing was related to some weight loss.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I got married I was working as a painter. 39 years later it is still somewhere, but not on my finger.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lost my first one when I was tossing straw bales out of a mow, twine caught it and it slipped off. Heard it hit the edge of the mow and it landed in 5 feet of loose straw. Never did find it.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jumping off self propelled howitzers in the service, we were told not to wear any jewelry. And warned about what could happen if you get hooked up on a bolt or a corner or whatever. Married some six years later and wore it a week and off it went into the jewelry box forever. Up and down off the boat, woodworking, just never felt comfortable wearing it especially on my "working" hand.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lost my first wedding ring about 18 months after getting married. Cold ass day sighting in the rifle after having to do an emergency scope replacement back in 1993. Have never worn one since then.

She said it was a bad omen. She was right.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jumping off self propelled howitzers in the service, we were told not to wear any jewelry. And warned about what could happen if you get hooked up on a bolt or a corner or whatever. Married some six years later and wore it a week and off it went into the jewelry box forever. Up and down off the boat, woodworking, just never felt comfortable wearing it especially on my "working" hand.

155 we were told the same thing at basic

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28