ML tag

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Allen I built thst Great Plains rifle kit back in the 1980s. I browned the barrel and did some German silver stock inlays. Nice silver scorpion inlaid on top of the wrist. It looked great and shot better. I broke down and sold it to a friend. He loaned it to another friend who didnt want to spend pennies on a cap fired before loading. He decided to blow the bore clean with the compressor. Condensation locked up the patched ball which he left over the week-end resulting in a heavy rust ring in the bore.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I did the same thing. I bought a muzzleloader and starting putting in for a tag. After 9 years I gave up and now I have a muzzleloader I will never use. Maybe I'll use it during rifle season one of these years.

you suffered for 9 years then quit with all those points? What the heck man

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up a TC Impact last year. Relatively inexpensive, simple, and easy to clean. With the open sight or zero magnification law I don’t see a reason to get something fancy.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a muzzleloader. And all the trimmings.

Found some vaunted BH209. Looking for CCI magnum 209s.

this shortage is nutso

couldn’t even find a 1x scope - so went with a peep sight

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've played around with ML's some over the years. I have a TC Bone Collector that I bought a while ago. Nice ML with decent sights and easy to take apart to clean. I had a Traditions and a CVA as well. The CVA was the most accurate.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a tc encore then also bought a 22/250 barrel it makes a pretty sweet single shot 22/250

Founding Member
Founding Member
If i hadnt drawn a ML tag this year id gladly let you use my TC Encore.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
guywhofish:

Got my second tradition ML as first was not legal so now have $950 invested in two rifles, Then also found there were no 209 primers or scope. Both cabelas and scheels said there are neither out there and just chalk that hunt up for the next ml tag. 12 years on the current one and at age 74 that may not happen.

Was on a ride on bike with wife and she said let's go for a longer ride. Headed east and ended up in Wisconsin. 1300 mile trip.
Found what i needed in a small town gun store in Wisconsin. So now have 1370 invested to maybe shoot five times at a target and i give less than 50% i will shoot a deer. Son claimed my nitro and other will hang on wall with a bunch of other guns i have bought and never shot.

Side notes:

Got both guns from a local guy who (bandcounting and friends) called a fly by night for $200 less than scheels.

Guy was born here, has his own business. Built my shop with a bid of 8000 labor compare to next lowest bid of 16000. Did excellent job so glad he is here and maybe should feel bad as i did not give business to scheels who told me my first ml was legal and then later told me i will not be able to get a primer nor scope to hunt with. Now have 200 209 primers and a pentax scope. Had a number of scopes on hand. Got scope for $200 and he said it was a $450 scope. No ideal on that.

Last year, on ride, a young blonde lady got her thrill at my expense by bearing both boobs as we rode side by side on interstate. No luck this year. Wife on back seat maybe made the difference.

So thanks for the fly by night dealer up here and maybe next year i will again meet the young lady in a green SUV with a dog. For me what is important is my bow tag. And the handful of old mills i drank with a friend tonight. db-2

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now have 200 209 primers and a pentax scope. Had a number of scopes on hand. Got scope for $200 and he said it was a $450 scope. No ideal on that.

I don't recall Pentax ever making a 1X scope. You cannot use any magnification for ML tag in ND, the scope has to be fixed 1x.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to see the scope, post up a pic.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have 240 grain TC "Cheap Shots" lead bullets they want to get rid of?

I don't really don't want to sight in and practice using the fancy hunting bullets (over a buck a round).

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well DB don't forget your nusance elk.... Last years pic from your feeder show's a little herd culling is in order.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
writing says zero-x lightseeker sg plus

I sure hope this is ok but at my age, yes, i am sure i was just confuse.

The elk left me due to my electric fence i put up but the whitetail are coming a bunch under wire and cans to eat on feeder so it is working fine.

But i decided to go fine the elk and with the aid of a camera i did fine a handful or two of bulls. Not sure on size but to me they appear to be large. At least two are larger than the others including 7 points and some garbage points. Long eye horns.

Outside of elk unit and i was told that anyone with a bull tag can hunt outside of their unit on non unit spots. I feel one of these would look good on the wall but no way land owner would let a hunter on his land. Not sure if that is the rule or not. Hope to find sheds next spring to add to collection.

God bless my fly by night outfitter and boobs. db-2

- - - Updated - - -

No matter where i hold scope, at arms length or next to me with both eyes open the imagine is clear, nice and round and full so i feel this is a good scope. db

Attachments

DSC00077.jpg

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Whatever. The salesman said it was zero power as shown on the markings. But a couple of others salesman said the nitro was legal.

Will need to find out but it's the scope i will use. db

- - - Updated - - -

Says as i printed zero x and that is it.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d just use it.

I went with a crosshaired peep site - it’s pretty neat.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

db-2, your photo does appear to show a lack a magnifier adjustment ring

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like Pentax must've made a 1X scope as that one is obviously fixed X.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A guy can get worn out with all the thread police DB.... I agree with you,just roll with what you have,chances are like you say ,"slim" iffin you get another tag,enjoy what you have today,at our age things can go south in a hurry,it becomes day to day above ground.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88