ML tag

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snow:

There was a time in my youth that i thought a age in the 60 was old and for the most part it would be coming to an end and at that age one would have live a good, long life. Then 60 came and went. Due to too many kids (thanks for every one and all the grandkids) and too many beers needed to work until 73 to get some savings.

Now i think maybe 85 would be getting old. Hopefully at that age i get another ml tag and the nitro will be legal and i find the lady on the interstate in the the green SUV on my scooter. Boobs will always be good no matter the age of the boob. And being retire is great. db

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Db,agreed,the new 25 is now 50's,hell in my old age my mind gets me in trouble all the time doing stuff,mind says "you can do it",then the body ,"that was stupid"

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes Snow, there maybe is some age issues but brain and body is way better than what i thought it would be at this time than what i thought in my youth.

Besides waiting until age 72 to retire to built the savings i was scare to quit. Will there be enough cash for the two of us to do the things we want and what will i do with all the time.

Well the days are full of things to do.

Income of SS plus some funds from the time i was in the service is covering all but any major purchases we make.
ML was bought with cash in bank plus some other toys this year. Checking account has grown from the first of the year somewhat.
The fears i had are not there. Hope it will continue. db

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agreed Db,my funds have dwindled since a few health issues recently,with biden fucking everything he touches up,it's worry-sum,hell couple weeks ago I was thinking a nice rib-eye for dinner,butcher had em on "sale" for $35/lb!!!.f---in A.,even chicken and pork is off the charts price wise.Was thinking of a easy part time job in my small town,at my age bullet proof not a chance to get hired.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snow
Buy meat from local farmer 1/4 at a time but did go down to local store. Steaks were 6 to 10 dollars/lb until i got to the rib eye which was 17/lb. No ideal why a rib eye is higher than New York strip or t bone. Pork chops at 4/lb.

Wife had cancer this past year and i am sure the bill was well into the 6 number, i had a few minor things like my finger getting in a fight with a chop saw. But with medical care, blue cross supplement and VA we have not spent one penny. Some funds on dental work.

Small town also and some have ask me to spray or mow their lawns. Quoted a cost of $50 to 75/hour. I got a ok and will make around 8000 doing that this year. Paid for the zero turn which is nice and some other equipment.

At legion beer is one dollar a can but bar is 2 to 3 dollars per can. And they all have old mill.
Steak house is local bar and cook your own around 22 dollars with salad, potato and bar.

And life goes slow. No stop lights, chain stores and we get to bigger town maybe once a month.
So to each there own and i am comfort with a small town stuck in nowhere. db

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Db....I like the grill your own steak deal in smaller farming communities(saloon's) found in western states and canada,wish we had them here in minn.Like your idea on residential lawn care,considered a zero turn but impossible to back them straight back with caster wheels up front,figured I would roll that sucker off my narrow utility trailer backing off it,so went with another lawn tractor, lack of rain and city water restriction has our residential grass dormaint this summer,think I mowed twice all summer,starting today this will change quick,next 5 days of heavy rain forcasted,sure hope the folks up north get the precip with all the wildfires,they need mother natures help

Last edited:

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
stopped reading after you tried to blame Scheels for you stupidity...good luck with your tag

FD, if you would have read his post to the end he did admit that he was the stupid one and should of asked the game and fish himself. Lighten up, he’s just telling his story so it doesn’t happen to someone else.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks NG.

Not sure why some feel the need to post negative statements, that happens a lot on here or statements i assume are meant to put one down.
Not a big thing for me and not sure what it adds. Hope i was not the only stupid one besides the two salesmen from Scheels.

I did learn how to spell monks and cummingins on here so it has its good points.

I would guess for them life has not been fair and they get their kicks saying it behind a fake name. I am sure it makes them feel good, important with a sense of well being. I would prefer those conversation to take place one on one but for most of them, i am sure they would not be able to do that.

I did take it hard one time on the old FB when (i cannot remember his handle) a request for me to show pictures of my wife. But never did see him on the site again. He was from western ND is all i remember.

But I do enjoy coming on here, reading what people have to say and do look forward to and will continue to look forward to it.
To address those who would say if i cannot take it, then get off. Well, lets both of us get together one day and discuss that, one on one. db-2

Again Thanks NG, guywhofishes, maddog, snow and the rest of you. Gave the last two their thumbs up.

Last edited:

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks NG.

Not sure why some feel the need to post negative statements, that happens a lot on here or statements i assume are meant to put one down.
Not a big thing for me and not sure what it adds. Hope i was not the only stupid one besides the two salesmen from Scheels.

I did learn how to spell monks and cummingins on here so it has its good points.

I would guess for them life has not been fair and they get their kicks saying it behind a fake name. I am sure it makes them feel good, important with a sense of well being. I would prefer those conversation to take place one on one but for most of them, i am sure they would not be able to do that.

I did take it hard one time on the old FB when (i cannot remember his handle) a request for me to show pictures of my wife. But never did see him on the site again. He was from western ND is all i remember.

But I do enjoy coming on here, reading what people have to say and do look forward to and will continue to look forward to it.
To address those who would say if i cannot take it, then get off. Well, lets both of us get together one day and discuss that, one on one. db-2

Again Thanks NG, guywhofishes, maddog, snow and the rest of you. Gave the last two their thumbs up.

Cool story...and way to Tear down the Scheels guys again haha...again good luck with tag..

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
FD:

Keep on reading and see it was what it was. Must be one of the salesmen for scheels but not the ones who told me they did not know. db

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
None of us were stupid we just did not know. And i did call tradition and some fault lies there to for not telling there dealer they were not legal in ND before giving them to sell, db

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93