New State record

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let the story come out please before prosecuting this guy. This could be 100% legit. If it’s not it’ll come out. For now, Let’s just be happy for him.

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was there yesterday, the walleye that were caught all bit. The fish coming in sideways are carp and suckers. Be sure to be able to identify fish before spouting off. It's TRUE. You dont need an 80,000 dollar boat to catch fish!!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes one wonder how much bigger one could get in the mighty Mo.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
How long do you think the walleye record holds?? I think it will be short lived. There were a lot of Giants caught last year that were spawned out that probably would have beat her?? From the Mo. that is.

Good call on this thread

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
No just a jig and a rod everything I seen caught down there over 4lbs was snagged, I wasn’t down there when this one was caught but the two times I was all the big ones were snagged. Some near the head some in the tail most of the ones that came off in the current were near the dorsal. If there were 30 people down there I am sure someone seen where this one was hooked. The way the fish were stacked in there it was every cast you were hitting a fish a lot of carp suckers and catfish or walleye, in that hole the record came out of. hope it was legit because that is a toad.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes one wonder how much bigger one could get in the mighty Mo.
Fish over 17 have been netted in Sak and Oahe in the last couple years. Would love to see ND break 17, after that not sure how much bigger they get.

thovolk

Moxi

I'm the lucky angler who caught the new state record walleye! Official weight was 16lbs 9oz or 16.59 lbs. It was caught legally in the mouth and verified by witnesses. It was netted by a Sheriff's officer. I caught several fish today prior to catching the record. But, there are several being foul hooked too. It was caught on a white Northland jig and Moxi plastic bait.

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I'm the lucky angler who caught the new state record walleye! Official weight was 16lbs 9oz or 16.59 lbs. It was caught legally in the mouth and verified by witnesses. It was netted by a Sheriff's officer. I caught several fish today prior to catching the record. But, there are several being foul hooked too. It was caught on a white Northland jig and Moxy plastic bait.

Congrats on the catch of a lifetime!!!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm the lucky angler who caught the new state record walleye! Official weight was 16lbs 9oz or 16.59 lbs. It was caught legally in the mouth and verified by witnesses. It was netted by a Sheriff's officer. I caught several fish today prior to catching the record. But, there are several being foul hooked too. It was caught on a white Northland jig and Moxy plastic bait.

Congrats! Thanks for posting. What a sow! Tell us about it, did the fight last long, at what point did you know it was HUGE?

Last edited:

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm the lucky angler who caught the new state record walleye! Official weight was 16lbs 9oz or 16.59 lbs. It was caught legally in the mouth and verified by witnesses. It was netted by a Sheriff's officer. I caught several fish today prior to catching the record. But, there are several being foul hooked too. It was caught on a white Northland jig and Moxi plastic bait.

Congrats on an amazing fish! I couldn’t even imagine seeing that coming up!

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member

Congratulations!!!

Better call Northland and B Fish N Tackle tomorrow. Get on the sponsor tour!!!

thovolk

My family and I were catching a lot of nice walleye today prior to the state record-even my kids were reeling some in. When I felt the bite of the big one, I set the hook hard. The fish didn't move and started pulling drag. It was doing several head shakes and stayed down in the water for a long time. I knew I hooked a big one but many were saying it was a large carp or large sucker. That's when I started forcing it...not realizing what I had caught. I didn't think I was going to get it in and after several minutes it broke the surface. My buddy screamed "huge walleye." That's when it turned fast or rolled and went right into the faster current. It started getting away from me going downstream. My buddy Joe (Sheriff's officer) ran downstream with the net. He ran faster than I thought possible and jumped over rocks and bars. He got into position and I was able to pull one last time. That's when he got it in the net. He looked down and was just silent. He handed the net to me and that's when I started yelling and screaming! I knew it had potential to be a record. I've been fishing for 35 years and it was the biggest walleye I had ever seen. We packed everything up immediately and drove to the nearest station with a certified scale to get it weighed and verified by GF. It got weighed at 3 different locations to make sure we had an accurate weight.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
What an awesome memory to experience with your kids!! Thanks for sharing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 108
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 35